I came to the blog wanting to write...anything, mostly something small...I have a feeling after entering my title - that it might be a novel. Things have been BUSY. We went on vacation this last weekend. It was beautiful and I'd love to write about it but I'm saving it for the next post. HA! We started in Punta Leona and ended at the Hilton Double Tree Resort. Oh My GOSH. My daughter is a fish. She lives and thrives in the water. We have a pool at our house but the heater is broken and it's rainy season...soooo without a heater we'd freeze a little. Anyways...I'd go back in a heartbeat - I really miss it. BADLY. Hahaha.
And thennnnn we get home and I of course am sick. Headaches pounding like crazy and my throat on fire feeling like someone took sandpaper to it. I have just felt like crap. I think it's due to us spending time outside in the INSANE heat and then going into a cold air conditioned freezing room soaking wet. Because you know, in hotels - you turn the stupid thing on low and it still feels like the tundra but without, you're sweating a storm all up in those uncomfortable places. But yea, so I started out sick and today Jose and Maia caught up with me. It totally blows.
So thennnn this morning after Maia is taken to school and Jose leaves for work I was just laying in bed, resting, trying to sleep off the headache and sore throat. As soon as I was comfortable again and the house had a nice quiet buzz...the bed starts to rock. At first, I thought it was Jose at the bottom getting his shoes on (as I am normally paranoid of earthquakes because they happen often and it's just him usually at the bottom making movement) but then I remembered that they left. So I sat for a few seconds and the rocking and shaking got worse. I could hear the windows shifting and the bed hitting the wall...because of all the false earthquake alarms I had created in my head I had come up with a plan that if ever we were in a big one that I'd go under the bed, because they don't collapse. So I did that. Got out flew under our bed and started bawling. I was MORTIFIED. I was begging God to make it stop. Then I heard the panic in Jose's mom's voice as she came barreling through the house in her realization that her, Jose's dad and Blanca (our maid) were all outside except me...who was trembling under the bed. They found me curled in a ball - sobbing.
The rocking and shaking stopped and we went outside...our pool spewed water ... a few things were out of place but all was well. In my head I was like..hm..maybe it wasn't as bad as it felt. I mean, nothing is seriously damaged... Welp, it was a 7.6 - I say this with all the heart I have in these words...God is watching over this country. I don't know or understand how an earthquake with the magnitude of an 7 can wipe out almost a whole country, yet ours seemed barely damaged and the death count was low. I realize that the mountains absorbed a lot of the shock and that these houses are made with earthquakes in mind - but we went nearly UNTOUCHED with a 7.6 earthquake. AND THEN, the tsunami alerts start pouring in and as fast as they come in - people band together to pray for this country/for my family...people who I don't even know and the tsunami alerts and warnings are canceled. Just gone. WITH A 7.6 EARTHQUAKE and the epicenter just a few miles off of our coast!!! I am just totally in shock. God is GOOD.GREAT.AWESOME and ALMIGHTY, ALL THE TIME! Can't you see it?
So BAM. Yes. I survived another earthquake. Anddddd this weekend we have Maia's party. I'm gonna cry. I feel it already. The lump in my throat swelling. I just ugh...I love being a mom!! So ballet theme with a bunch of girls...ohhhhhh I'm stoked and maybe stressed with all the work to come in the next 3-4 days.
And then a week after we celebrate Maia's 3rd birthday, we are off to the US. At first, I was excited, then stressed, now I kinda don't want to go - but yet I do...lots of emotions. It's been over a year. I was supposed to have been there LONGGG ago and things got delayed and now that the big picture is in place I understand...it's just hectic and crazy and a mess and I'm nervous. Really nervous. But I'm excited to see my family, welcome and photograph the birth of my nephew, go to Panera...etc. Mmmm pray for us! If you're still reading this long
Sonya




2 comments:
I am laughing at going to panera LOL - some things we take for granted i guess!
Holy Earthquake! That is nuts! I would have been a mess too - don't feel so bad! And I am looking forward to seeing those vacation shots!! :) Happy Birthday Maia!
Get some rest and take care of yourself. I know you are going to love being back in the US once you get here!
♥ Kyna
Post a Comment