As the clock hit 11:17 pm last night, I was overwhelmed with emotion. September 11th, is already a difficult day to swallow. Knowing the tragedy and loss that happened on one day is a lot to think about. And each year, we're reminded to pray and think of the families who now live on without their loved ones. But 3 years ago - on the same date I was blessed with my own miracle. And as awesome as it is that my daughter is alive, thriving and growing - I often feel guilty for celebrating life when so many are still mourning death.
My daughter is now 3. I remember being 9 months pregnant with Maia and wondering what she would be like. I remember always picturing her around 2-3 years because that's when little girls start to really become....GIRLS. Princesses, babies, long hair, dresses, high heels, makeup, mommy obsession, etc. Maia proudly entered the stage with a love for all of those things and more. She's her daddy's world - a sweet skateboard riding, high heel wearing, baby loving, ballet obsessing, wall/body/bed coloring 3 year old.
Her hair is half way down her back and is stubbornly straight. Her bright eyes tell thousands of stories. She speaks fluently in 3 languages Spanish, English, and Spanglish. She walks with purpose. She screams when she doesn't understand....she's figuring out her emotions. She memorizes every song she hears that makes her dance. She is an animal lover - and I think when she realizes chicken is an animal, we may have a little vegetarian on our hands. She's allergic to everything...or so it feels. Creams and lotions mostly and of course sun block except for ONE kind so far. She hates sweets and prefers salty. She does prefer chocolate milk as her drink of choice tho. She loves Dora, The Bubble Guppies, The Wonder Pets, and Umizoomi (shoot me if I spelled these wrong). And she has a best friend already. No joke.
3 years has passed too quickly for me. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. If I could change anything about these past 3 years it would be to learn to log off the internet and put the phone away and take more pictures. Moments that I missed are ones I can never get back.
I love you my beautiful dancing princess. Happy 3rd Birthday, you're not a tiny baby anymore! I'm excited for another year and the opportunity to know you better. You're my sunshine :D


5 comments:
She's such a cutie!! Happy birthday to her :)
Happy Birthday to your Sweet Little Girl! Remember: to celebrate is to win - to celebrate is to reclaim what they tried to take. Evil never wins - Joy always overcomes. Many Happy Birthdays to Come for your Maia!
happy birthday to maia!
sounds like a lovely little girl you have! <3 you guys! and stay safe over the next few days with your travel and all. <3
this made me cry!! <3 in a good way, cuz i can totally get what you're talking about. i'm sooo glad we relate so well!
this made me cry!! <3 in a good way, cuz i can totally get what you're talking about. i'm sooo glad we relate so well!
Post a Comment