Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Toddler Tuesday

Tuesdays {for me}, are now dedicated to my toddler, Maia. Ha. I think it's important to keep the blog about her and to write about her journey growing into an adult because it's a special one, that I won't always remember as she gets old.
She has grown SO much in the past few months. I often find myself wondering what the heck happened to time and why all the sudden, it decided to speed up on us so fast :[ wahhhhhh. Maia is on the brink of turning 3.

I hear 3 yr old girls are worse than 2 yr olds. But I also was told that 2 was the worst age - and actually, so far, it's been one of my favorites...so I'll take negative words with a grain of salt. You see, if we set ourselves up to believe that our child is just being a brat/monster/terrorist - then we don't see them as anything else. However, if we begin to look at them like children who daily encounter problems just like we do, our perspective changes. The biggest problem in Maia's life isn't how she's gonna make a living or what to do with her money - it's fighting the urge to constantly have something in her mouth - or the fact that she HATES wearing anything with buttons {she has this fear that they hurt her}. And I've had to literally stop myself from getting frustrated and just remember that she feels the SAME emotional distraught about these things as I do with money and career choice.

Anyways... bunny trail ended. I wanted to share some pics with you guys. We got a doggy, Bailey. Maia LOVES her, but she just doesn't understand how to play with her. She always wants to hold her and control her movements {like her dolls} and so when Bailey freaks out and fights back and Maia doesn't have the upper hand in the moment, all you hear is a blood shrieking cry and big tears because she is absolutely TERRIFIED hahah. But they both go back for more, so I just sit and watch with a smile, because I love the show hahaha.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so cute!

I might try dedicating a day a week to blog about my toddler, too. Then I'd be sure to record things about him. :)

kyna... said...

LOVE the new look of your blog momma!! :-) And I LOVE this post!
♥ Kyna