Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mission Statement...kinda


Romans 2 
"God’s Righteous Judgment 
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

READ it! Now...read it again. Do you get it? This here...THIS place, MY blog...is now a "judge-free" zone. This is a SUPER tricky subject. But let's talk about it this way - and I only mention this, because it happens to be a super HOTT subject right now. Gay marriage/rights. Do I personally believe that two people sharing the same sex have rights to be married??? Um. This is so personal and I don't know that I'm comfortable sharing. But my grandpa was gay - after he left my grandma... and I have close family and best friends that are gay. While I'm still seeking out God's answer on this, as I want to know His heart...it doesn't mean that I condone it. And that sounds wrong. But the people that I know and love that are gay know how I feel and where I stand. And this is where judgement comes in...I'm NEVER going to sit here and deny this group of people of their rights as human. I'm not going to come to this blog or stand in front of stores making a fool of myself, because it's NOT MY PLACE. God does NOT show favoritism (Romans 2:11). He doesn't think any less of the person that loves someone of the same sex and when their day comes they'll stand in front of Him and answer to Him, just as EVERYONE ELSE.

God's given me the job to love and I intend to. However, if I feel that that I need to protect my daughter or myself, then I do - and it's a subtle but quiet walk out of a room, building - blog whatever. I'm not going to make a scene. I'm not going to yell at you and smother you in "I'm right and you're wrong...bleh". And so as I proclaim this, I expect you to do the same when you visit here...okay?

So my blog is gonna start to look different - as I give it a makeover and gradually start blogging more. I hope you guys stick around. I really am a pretty cool person and I would love to make this more a place for discussion instead of me just blogging at you all the time ahaha.





2 comments:

Christa Cox said...

this is why i love you!

brian said...

its GODS job to judge
the HOLY SPIRITS job to convict
our job is to love

its good to see that you havent stopped blogging and that you arent afraid to talk about your faith...stay strong and dont forget to smile, GOD made you amazing
brian