Thursday, June 14, 2012

that time when we went to Panama City

 I travel a LOT. In fact, I travel so often that I never post the pics because 1. I barely have time to take pics and 2. It's hard to recap when we were non-stop go, go, go all day - EACH day. BUT alas, I'll share a trip with you! We went to Panama City, Panama last month. This is my 4th time in Panama and my gosh, the country NEVER gets old. If I could chose my favorite countries - Panama is near the top. No joke. It's SUPER pretty. And yet still felt so similar to me, because it has a lot of Costa Rica AND the U.S. - truly. They have the same currency and prices that the US does...except food. Panama is cheaper. And idk, I just love it there. And I mean, Kathyana lives there...what could be better than that!?! Love that girl!!!! So anyways I'll just spill pictures, in no particular order because I'm feeling a little lazy about it hahah.

 My airplane "get-up" - JUSTTT KIDDING...I lost the hat before leaving, so don't harass my style hahaha!

On the way to the airport - I super love Costa Rica. I mean, look at all the green (which surrounds the airport!) and the mountains! Ugh kill me!!! It's beautiful!

The airport in Costa Rica...of all the times I've been here, it's never been this empty!!! And at this point, Maia just kept asking if she could go on the plane! She was so excited to go on an "ayo-payne" hahaha.

Waiting to board....is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen? GAH they're heart melters!

How can you not love Costa Rica!? Finally boarded and ready for Panama!!!! YEA BUDDY!

Of course she reviewed proper emergency protocol! We're very prepared :D

So the plane takes off, and this is Maia's FIRST time being awake for it. When we get on planes, take off makes her PASS OUT...well she was wide awake. This was her 9th (I believe) trip and the first time fully aware of what a plane does and she panicked during take out! "No quiere, no quiere! Quiere abajo!!" (She says "want" in spanish in the third person form haha - but she was saying. She wanted to get down) Thankfully after we started cruising she was content and all was good again. She is since - OBSESSED with planes!

Soooo now there's a HUGE gap. Remember when I said I barely took pics and we were super busy?? Yeah, every trip looks something like this: wakeup, eat, shower, shop, eat, shop, eat, sleep. Hahahaha Jose's mom LOVES shopping and everything is SOOOO expensive here in Costa Rica so going to Panama and the US is a HUGE deal. So here's Maia's new kicks!

 Omgoodness!! We stayed at this hotel - Hotel Victoria and Suites...It was AMAZING. Like, sleeping in luxury. The bed was the best thing I've ever slept on haha I'm not EVEN kidding you!

And she got a HUGE bed all to herself - I was SO jealous haha!

She clearly enjoyed the freedom :] And slept till 10 am...you go girl, keep doing that. I don't mind!

This is one of the views from the roof of our hotel. It was a crappy/rainy day so the pictures look so gloomy!!!

Don't you just LOVE that twisty tower!!! They call it "el tornillo"!!

Okay so we were like SUPERRR high up and what is the railing made of? Glass! Ah hellllll nah! I was freaking out!

I love my sweet thing!!

Just beyond this is the great Panama Canal!!

 The view outside the mall! eeeeep!!!

Remember my mention of Kathyana!? Yea I met her 4 years ago while I was working my shift at Target - we were INSEPARABLE from that point forward. I love love love this girl! She is SO beautiful!

Girl time!!! This picture is one of my favorites - Kathyana and I were cracking up about something personal and Maia started laughing too like she knew what we were talking about resulting in everyone laughing even more and this picture was born. I love everyone's genuine smiles!

I miss her so much!

A very sad goodbye to Panama *sniffle*

Back to Costa Rica!

All these pics are from my cell via Instagram. I took a few pics on my actual camera but thought I'd share a few of those later :)

XOXO,
Sonya



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IM DYing to visit Panama...my family is from there but Ive never been there :(

Skye said...

Great shots from the plane! And love the ones of Maia sleeping- Ahh so cute!