Okay...haha. Fooled ya. I'm back already. Not quite, BUT...I'll just have to start somewhere. After my emotional - or not-so emotional goodybye from blogging I took some time to sit and think about all that has transpired in the past year.
Everything, that has made me fall more in love with blogging and everything that has steered me away. I do still feel the desire to detach a little from the blogging world because I do want to protect my family, but more so, my daughter.
She's a beauty and she has given me so much to write about and love on and I know that other people apparently feel the same way because they've used her pictures as their own...which freaks me out! It's creepy, stawppp it! Seriously tho, stop. But, as a mother, I LOVE going through my past posts and reading about where I was at that point in my life. Looking at Maia's pictures and seeing her grow and reading about her milestones and growing curiosity for the world. I love the feeling of writing and releasing emotion because it's a creative outlet for me and one that I've grown fond of.
As for the stalkers, creepers and haters. While I'd really love the idea of giving some of you a high-five in the face with a jet plane, I shall control myself. I need to learn to put on my Jesus Glasses and remember that you are precious in His eyes and that we're just at different points in our lives. That your hateful words and comments come from somewhere deeply rooted in hurt. I have come to a point in my life where I have realized that...
1. I make mistakes
2. I'm not free to judge others as they judge me or even if they don't
3. I don't always hold the same opinions as others
4. That I can't please everyone
5. I am a child of God
-- meaning that we're going to have disagreements, and that no matter the outcome of those opinions or disagreements, that I'm not to judge you or hate you...OR let your judgements or hate control my emotions.
So in the next few weeks, you're going to see some things change around here. You're going to notice my subject of writing change and I'm going to focus on different aspects of my life, family and faith. I'm also going to try some new things and approaches toward my readers in general. I recently felt very conflicted - I claim to follow and love Jesus but I've kept religion/faith based posts off my blog in fear of scaring some of you away. So, if you don't like it, I'm REALLY sorry, but like I said...I'm not here to please everyone, I can't TRY to do it anymore either. So buckle up or don't - we're gonna start over.
XOXO,
Sonya
So in the next few weeks, you're going to see some things change around here. You're going to notice my subject of writing change and I'm going to focus on different aspects of my life, family and faith. I'm also going to try some new things and approaches toward my readers in general. I recently felt very conflicted - I claim to follow and love Jesus but I've kept religion/faith based posts off my blog in fear of scaring some of you away. So, if you don't like it, I'm REALLY sorry, but like I said...I'm not here to please everyone, I can't TRY to do it anymore either. So buckle up or don't - we're gonna start over.
XOXO,
Sonya


6 comments:
Looking foward to the "start over!"
Yay! Can't wait to read what's on your heart. You are a beautiful mama and I'm glad you haven't left the blogging world quite yet. xoxo
Wow I am sorry to hear you had stalkers and freaks - that is scary stuff indeed- and how does someone take a picture of your daughter and use it as their own? That IS super duper creepy man! Ew! i don't blame you. I think we all forget sometimes there are weirdos out there. It's true! Well, glad to see you are still out there and loving life! ANd as always, your daughter is still super cute! :) Looking forward to the new stuff coming up!
good for you sonya...glad that you are not leaving us...never be afraid to be yourself darlin...that will always be good enough...smile,GOD made you awesome
brian
PTL. i was a alittle sad to know that i would not be able to read some of your lovely writing, however, I am looking forward to whatever you might have in the future. sounds like you still have some things on your heart that need to be shared. :) looking forward to the change and whichever way you choose to take this girl!
Hooray! I am so excited to see what the future holds for you and this blog! I seriously love you Sonya...and I would miss your blog a lot if you stopped writing. You are seriously and inspiration to me!
xoxo
♥ Kyna
Post a Comment