Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's been a WHOLE year!

One year ago, I bought a pair of jeans that were so tight that I had to DANCE to get into them. Zipping and buttoning them, a totally different story. I was excited that I certainly wasn't the size that I was shortly after Maia, but I knew that I was NOT healthy. After a few nights of restlessness, I had decided that I was going to do a weekly Get Fit Link Up. A place where everyone could come to one place and share all of our triumphs and let downs and expectations together. But at the same time educating one another to continue to press on.

After about 10 weeks of P90X with some Insanity and TurboFire (my own hybrid schedule), I had begun to notice a HUGE difference in my body and the way that my clothes had fit me. I posted my before and afters and they traveled all around the internet. It was neat to see that I had inspired others - but mostly that I had inspired myself. Because then my focus was no longer to be "skinny" but to be "healthy" and "fit", and I felt awesome.

After a VERY out of whack summer to the US, I jumped back in - VERY FAST. Big Jump. Balls to the walls. My passion for fitness has blossomed and now as I study and prepare to test to become a Personal Trainer, I just feel overwhelmed. But not in a bad way, just in a very *omgoodness this is awesome* kind of way.

When I had started the "Get Fit Challenge", I'm not sure what kind of participation I was expecting or who would even care. But I got an email, from Elena over at The Art of Making a Baby and she too had been thinking about doing something like this for a while and wanted to help. She wanted to offer her wisdom in nutrition and fitness and pre-pregnancy preparation for all the lovely ladies that were TTC.

Her extreme organization and bullet points for thoughts was new to me - seeing as tho I'm extremely spontaneous and most of the time change my plans about 300 times. Had Elena not teamed up with me, I honestly can say that I don't think I'd be where I am today. Or even care to be a Personal Trainer. Her blog posts fueled me and I desired to know more constantly. She challenged me. She told me the TRUTH. There wasn't sugar coating but it wasn't in any means disrespectful either. And because of that, I was driven to continue to PUSH. And now 1 year later - I feel like I'm ready to make my muscles shine. Like I'm ready to help others obtain their goals. So...I would really like to thank you all for your support over this past year. But with a very big heart and teary eyes, I would really love to thank Elena. You probably had NO idea the effect you've had on me and that's what makes it even better. You did it out of the goodness of your heart.

Here's to a year!!! These pictures are exactly one year apart!

Pin It

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sonya, I had no idea our project helped you so much! I am so so so happy! I had a lot of fun doing it with you and learned just as much from you! You're one great example of what you can achieve with determination!
I am so proud of you and I really really hope we do get to meet in real life!

kyna... said...

Sonya I'm sooooo proud of you!!! Great job! You're a little hottie momma!
Keep it up my friend! You're beautiful!
xoxo
Kyna

Joy said...

congrats! you look amazing! :)

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Holy smokes, woman! You're amazing! Be my personal trainer? Please??! :) I need someone to make me get my butt in gear and work off this baby weight. But i totally love what you said about not trying to get skinny, but get fit and healthy. I love that!

This is seriously awesome. You deserve to be so proud of what you've accomplished!!! Congrats! xoxoxoxo

Christa Cox said...

You are SOOO awesome and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! This is seriously so inspiring. This gives me the determination that I WILL have a body like yours.

xo,
jessie

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! keep it up!

Unknown said...

AMAZING!!! :)

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, Sonya. You look FANTASTIC!!!

Katherines Corner said...

Wow, well done!!!!!!!! Hugs and smooches and happy wishes for the weekend!

brian said...

it would seem that im the only man to post a comment but OMG...you look amazing and your butt is to die for if you dont mind me saying...good luck with the personal trainer thing and keep up the good work and dont forget to smile...life is good
brian

Unknown said...

you look amazing! i have so fallen off with the program... i'm yearning to get back on the right road and feel healthy again. you are a huge inspiration!

Fierce Fabulous Fit said...

Sonya, this post is so inspiring!!I'm going to be implementing The Wellness Project on my blog soon, which will be similar to the link up you participated in. I'd love to link to this post and share your success story! You look amazing, and I'm sure feel amazing!! GO GIRL!! So glad I found your blog!! :)

Rachel said...

Awesome! Great job! I've been hearing a lot about this P90X...will have to check it out!

Aneta Kudasik said...

I have tears in my eyes right now! Really! I look like you a year ago and I would love to look like you now!!! You inspire me soooo much!!!

Kate said...

Wow, you've come a long way hun. You look amazing! <3


In our sea of love