Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Beginnings

So I can assume that most of the people that have my personal facebook have probably been patiently waiting for this post. Ahaha. So, I shall begin.

This past year has had the ups and downs of a roller coaster. Emotionally, I think I've hit every landmine. Jose and I have roughed it out through some tough stuff and been through so much together and apart - emotionally and physically. We've had a rough year of endless tears, countless laughs and blubbering through frustration and anger. And every time, he's given his shoulder through it all. I'm not an easy person to deal with. In fact, my family has told me that I'm often a tough person to get through to once I mentally go to a place of shutting down. Jose's been quite the dude. I commend him. haha. I don't even know what he's gonna do reading this, but I'm sure that laughing will be the first response because he knows I'm right.

So um, with that being said, I can say...we made it out alive! And I love the guy so much. We're getting ready to go to the US this upcoming year, for good. And we've discussed a LOT about the upcoming trip and what he has to do so that he's not illegally in the states and that he can work with his degree. And marriage came up a few times recently because it was what worked for his sister and it was a pretty quick and painless journey for her. So we sat on it. Talked about it. Cried about it. Prayed about it.
Marriage is not something you just jump into. EVER. For me, it's a commitment to that person, to God, to the world that you're going to be there through everything imaginable...until DEATH DO YOU PART. Having grown up in a home with divorce and felt first hand what a broken heart was, I can tell you that marriage for me is a for sure yes or no. It's nothing in between. There's no gray areas. And that's what I told Jose. It's all or nothing. I don't just want this to be your ticket into the US, it's a forever deal. So we left it at that.

Fast forward...we've had a longgggg day shopping. We were literally burnt out. All of us. I was taking a shower, singing in fact at the top of my lungs :) cuz I'm cool like that. I got out and dried myself, wrapped the towel around my head and another around my body...and opened the door to a really quiet room - Instantly, my eye is drawn to my computer screen and on it was one of Jose's very own creations in big letters "Marry Me" and he was on his knee with our daughter perched on top and a ring in his hand. The door was open for literally 20 seconds and I slammed it back shut and just start crying...alone...in the bathroom.
(Please do NOT steal the picture!!)
I can hear Jose laughing and knocking at the door. And the only thing going through my head is "oh my gosh....I look like crap....my eyes hurt....my nose won't stop running" hahaha and then Jose starts saying "If you don't open in two minutes, I'm taking the offer back" haahha. Eventually, after about 5 minutes I crack open the door with really red eyes and a pink nose. He's pleading to see my hand and asking which finger hahaha. I was still wrapping my head around what was happening. "How did he sneak that onto my computer....how long was it there....what did my dad say....does his family know?" hahaha

He had originally made the print to go on my camera. So that I'd see it when I was flipping through pictures. But the night before, as I was sleeping, he couldn't get it to work so he made another and put it on my laptop. All day the next day he kept asking me if I was gonna check the internet and I was still mad from the day before because the internet wasn't working!!! And so I was like, "no, what's the point, I already know it's not gonna work". He tried to get me to open the laptop and I didn't so he finally got me, right after my shower and man....was I totally surprised. I have never seen a proposal so clever and I'm keeping it on my computer forever hahahaha. Ahhhhh! Sooooo yes, I'm engaged to be married.
 :)

Pin It

15 comments:

E said...

Congrats!!! That's an adorable proposal and I love your ring.

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Wowza!! Congrats!! That proposal is so sweet, you must be over the moon! Can't wait to hear details about your wedding plans.. sooooooo exciting! And that ring?? Girl, that ring is GORGEOUS!

Ai Sakura said...

COngrats lovely!!! Exciting times are ahead and he is too sweet! Wishing u all the best in the new journey :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww thats so sweet congrats to both of you!

Unknown said...

Yayyyy!!! Congrats hun :] I'm so excited for you and your cute family!!!!!

Skye said...

Yayyyy! Congrats - so exciting for you both!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a sweet way to propose:)

Unknown said...

Congrats girly! :) Love you!

Natasha said...

How awesome! How thoughtful too...congrats :)

Nitzalie said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

Miranda said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting and what a cute story :)

kyna... said...

I am sooooooo glad I got finally got to hear that story! What a sweet way to propose! I know it's "unconventional" to have the baby before the ring, but how sweet that Maia was part of the proposal too!! Honey, I am so so so happy for you! You are an absolutely amazing gal and you deserve the utmost happiness in your life!
♥ Kyna

Day Old Coffee said...

What Happy News! Congratulations! May you live a long and happy life together. :)

Kate said...

Wow, that was the sweetest post ever! CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS darling. I am so happy for you. That was so sweet the way he did it and your reaction. Omg i loved reading this!!! :)


In our sea of love

Anonymous said...

Aww you guys sound soo cute together, congratulations!!
Also my hubby asked what finger is it? aswel lol

Kelly x
ourfootprintsontheworld.blogspot.com