Monday, November 7, 2011

I am blessed.

I'm often taken back to my middle school days (7th grade, to be exact) where I stood up on stage in front of my entire school...with a combination of mono and tonsilitis and belted out Rachael Lampa's song "Blessed". Yes....I sing.

I don't know why or at what point that God decided that He was gonna give me not just a child, but the most beautiful little girl EVER. For my time spent running away from Him, being a brat, disobeying with full knowledge of it, putting myself first - ALWAYS....God sure must love me to have given me something that I TRULY don't deserve.



Maia is going on her 26th month of beautiful life. 2 years and fricken 2 months. WHERE THE HECK DID TIME GO!?!?!?! And why did I somehow think that time would slow down just for me?! Pft. Who am I kidding!



Everyday, I'm aware of how much my "Little One" is growing and learning. Of how much she soaks up even when I don't think she's paying attention. She has gestures, looks, words, and expressions down to a TEE. Her full comprehension of Spanish and English blows me out of the water!



And I can see the love of God reflecting off of her as she gives love back to mommy, daddy, grandparents, her babies, and ANIMALS. Maia LOVES animals. If we put on a movie that doesn't have animals as main characters - FORGET IT! That goes for tv too. But that makes me happy. I'm glad she's not into the tv. There's too much crap on there...don't even get me started about SpongeBob. But put on Spirit or Finding Nemo and Maia Girl is as happy as can be. Dancing and jumping while screaming in glee - I love her loving spirit.



I am so in awe of God's creation...I often find myself wondering how women give birth and witness growing life and still believe that there's NO God. It puzzles me. Because I can't bring myself to believe that a chance encounter of particles in the Universe created THIS. Created Maia...



I am SO blessed...

13 comments:

Tori Baldridge said...

The most precious blog post ive read anywhere in awhile!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful you ARE so blessed. She is probably the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen too.

brian said...

you are blessed in so many ways...dont ever forget that
smile, GOD made you awesome and he made you awesome for a reason
brian

Lauren Nicole said...

Yes, you are blessed. God chose the most perfect mother for Maia.

Boy... Is she a doll, or what!
xoxo

Unknown said...

You are amazingly blessed! I love you & Maia both!

Nikki Darlin' said...

She is so gorgeous. God has truly blessed you with her. I feel the same way about my little/growing too fast one.

kyna... said...

You ARE so blessed Sonya! She's stunning!! She takes after her gorgeous momma!

♥ Kyna

Unknown said...

She is just so gorgeous. You are one lucky mama. I love all of her facial expressions in these photos!

Skye said...

You certainly are one lucky mama! :) Maia is gorgeous! And the fact she knows Spanish already is just fabulous! That is so important. Well done Mama!

Dianne said...

Ah!!! I remember you singing that! Love that song.
I can totally relate. Kaiden has changed my life and I know the joy we experience from our kids certainly causes us to be more awe-struck with God than ever before. You have a beautiful girl! I can't believe she is 2 years and 2 months!!

Miranda said...

she is so beautiful!

Katherines Corner said...

a beautiful blog post celebrating your love for your precious blessing xo

Katherines Corner said...

a beautiful blog post celebrating your love for your precious blessing xo