So as some people might know - my blog kind of went MIA. I forgot to pay the custom URL renewal and so it took my blog off the board completely. And then hahaha my luck, our credit cards didn't work because they're through the banks here in Costa Rica...well here in Costa Rica, a billing address is a joke. They don't have formal addresses here. Seriously, we tell cab drivers and McDonald's delivery guys that we live by the Pops in Tibas a little less than half a km down that road and we're the house with the big green garage door/siding. If we wanted more detail we'd add that we're now located across from the house with the cut up tree :] Sooo needless to say the situation was figured out and I'm now BACK!!!! Back for another year of blogging :] BAM
I decided to partake in touch-up Tuesday today. Ask me...go ahead...ALRIGHT, alright - I'm doing it because I might have a really cool picture to share with you. Well I think it's cool, anyways...sometimes I tend to go overboard and they're not as cool as I think they are :] oopsy daisy. So here you have it -
That's my gorgeous sister, Macie!
Okay so I took this picture last summer actually at the The Vineyard in Tennessee. I honestly can't think of the name right now, I'm drawing a huge blank. Regardless, the sun was low and we were enjoying dinner with the whole family while live Jazz played and it was just amazing. I really love being there. So I took this pic it ended up in the archives and I just kept it at my SOOC. I think I posted it on my fb a year ago as is...well a few days ago I pulled it out and with new info and old info merging in my head on photo editing, I decided to give it another go. My overall goal was to paint a portrait with the light. So I turned up the blacks a little to give the picture a pop and then adjusted my saturation. I erased the saturation off the skin tones and used that as my base.
Okay so I took this picture last summer actually at the The Vineyard in Tennessee. I honestly can't think of the name right now, I'm drawing a huge blank. Regardless, the sun was low and we were enjoying dinner with the whole family while live Jazz played and it was just amazing. I really love being there. So I took this pic it ended up in the archives and I just kept it at my SOOC. I think I posted it on my fb a year ago as is...well a few days ago I pulled it out and with new info and old info merging in my head on photo editing, I decided to give it another go. My overall goal was to paint a portrait with the light. So I turned up the blacks a little to give the picture a pop and then adjusted my saturation. I erased the saturation off the skin tones and used that as my base.
I then decided that after a bit of looking at the picture and deciding what I wanted from it, that I would use an action or two from Oh So Posh's Bohemian Symphony Collection to give it that "sunset, relaxed, beautiful" look that I wanted to portray. I used "Boho Glamour" around 50% or less, then adjusted the skin erasing about 60% of the pink and yellows off her skin. Then I applied "Gracefully Glowing" at about 30-40%. Adjusted the light and darks and played with the skin a bit more to get it where I wanted it. I then decided to just pop up the light a tad bit more with a solid orange/yellow filter on screen around 5%.
Oh So Posh's actions are absolutely beautiful. Lately, I've really tried to keep a bit away from actions and just give the best shot straight out of the camera and do as little editing as possible for that "real life" look. But I REALLY wanted to tell my story with this picture and decided to run with it.
Sorry for the novel :] Enjoy




6 comments:
good to have you back...
smile
brian
wow that edit is amazing! it truly looks like you just painted with light! I have a link up right now for sharing photo and editing tips--this post would be perfect if you're interested!
Great edit. So glad you are back. :)
You get sharper images with beautiful color, good result.
Love the light - this looks like a great photo for a pop edit.
glad to have you back miss lady =] hope your doing well!
Post a Comment