Monday, October 24, 2011

Stronger

So at Maia's school they had a celebration of cultures on Columbus Day. We were told that the kids were to dress up as someone from any culture. So I thought that since it was Columbus Day why not dress up Maia as an Indian?! We got to her school and like 50% of the kids were Indians....smoooooth. But Maia was the cutest. I handmade her outfit and headband and we ended up having to throw a onesie underneath because it's been really cold from the rain here.


I absolutely LOVE how her headband turned out. I got pretty good at those :) If I offered one of these as a giveaway, would you enter!?


And as the entire school was doing a civil act based on their age groups, Maia sat in the back singing and coughing...I was trying so hard to not laugh. Gotta love 2 year olds!!! I will never ever regret making music such a big part of her life, because her voice is so beautiful!


And THAT smile!!! Ugh it kills me! Who knew that I'd give birth to THE most beautiful soul I've ever laid eyes on? I'm so blessed by her, everyday is just a testament that there IS a mighty GOD working in our lives.


Last night my spirit was shaken. I have just really been struggling lately. I am SO ready for my "happy ending" or whatever. I have had to hide wedding updates and engagements on my news feed because it makes me so sad and I know that I have YEARS in my pocket before I get my day. And I'm just distraught over it. So no offense and I apologize if I haven't commented on your wonderful posts of such on fbook or wherever, it's because I've hidden them. My VERY VERY smart 12 yr old brother once told me when he was all of 9 years old - "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." So I'm holding on to that and the promise that God has my happy ending or as I like to say beginning. I have already been blessed with THE most beautiful gift on earth. And so as I just needed a day to SOB - literally...I feel much better today.

Edited Note: Apparently I was on a one track mind when I had written this. haha. The whole marriage thing is just a blimp of my "very" emotional day. We have an upcoming permanent move to the states, that just freaks me out to no end and I'm stressing about all the logistics. Also looking into plane tickets has had me SO stressed. I had high hopes of making it to the US for Christmas and with prices I'm stuck here. Don't get me wrong, this country is STUNNING. But I really miss my family and I find myself just so bored sometimes. So I get restless and sad. Really sad. It's not like I can just walk around outside alone...it's not the best place to do that. I don't know. I just have a lot going on lately and I feel so trapped. So lonely. A lot. So this wasn't intended to be just about marriage cuz it's not my biggest concern - it's just life in general I suppose and the reality of living in another country.


Maia's mastered the concerned and angry look lately and as alerting as it is - it's also quite funny and cute :) I love her.


OH and if someone could please find a way to preserve the season "fall" into a jar...smells, the chill, the leaves...please let me know or send me one :) I miss it so much


Have a blessed Monday. I love you all for stickin with me through this and listening to my heartfelt rant ;)

11 comments:

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

I Love that headband and Mia is the most beautiful little Indian I have ever seen! and might I say you look GORGEOUS!

Skye said...

Your day will come my dear! I was 35 before I married my prince ;)

Maia is just gorgeous ... Look at those pictures! So beautiful! :)

Laura Lee said...

I'm still waiting, too. :(

brian said...

keep your head up and dont get in a hurry...the right guy will come along before you know it...
i will leave you with my favorite quote...the ox is slow but the earth is patient...be the earth darlin, be the earth
smile, GOD made you awesome
brian

kelsey said...

that headband is so pretty! and you and your little girl are so beautiful! funny you say that about fall, i found a bunch of tiny maple leaves that changed early & pressed them to send to friends in cali.. i could send you one if you like =] this is my favoritest season! i still cant get over the beauty of everything in this post, from the pictures, to the honesty, to your realtionship with God, you are a woman to be admired & i hope you know that. i've been going thru some things of my own, also needing a day to just cry, i realize if i had half your strength in my faith id probs feel better. im shy with God.. im embarrassed 2 bring him my problems. how silly is that? your an awesome person sonya - remember that every day!

kyna... said...

Sonya, you are a beautiful, beautiful woman. I admire you! You have an amazing daughter, and I can tell you are so loved. {Big hugs} my friend!
♥ Kyna

Tatiana said...

You've got the cutest indian I have ever seen. No joke!
And girly, your gorgeous inside and out, and you'll get your happy ending. God has a perfect plan for all of us, and as hard as it is for us to accept it, his timing is the best :-)

Lisa [at] Beauty and Her Boys said...

Adorable costume!!! Handmade costumes always out shine the store bought ones.
You & your daughter are beautiful!!!

Marriage isn't in my near future either. I try not to sweat the small stuff & focus on what really matters. BUT it is every girls dream, now ain't it?

Unknown said...

Cutest little girl ever. Model in the making. Wow!

Meg said...

Your daughter is gorgeous!! And awesome job on her outfit and headband - so cute! I would definitely enter that giveaway : )

mary. sunkissedlife said...

yes, i would enter! i love your bangs. when i have bangs, it never looks that good.