1. If you haven’t yet, join the challenge here: GET FIT and GET HEALTHY
2. Every Saturday come back to The Art of Making a Baby and {shutter}mama to read the tips on how to be fitter, healthier and more confident.
3. Weekly write a post about your progress, following the questionnaire below, take a self-portrait (optional) and link up with us.
4. Don’t forget to grab the GET FIT challenge button on the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog or GET FIT post.
5. Link your post with Selfie Saturdays if you took your week’s self-portrait.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Problem Zones:
I recently started a weight loss tumblr to not only hopefully inspire others but to be inspire by others...and with that - came about 700 followers in literally weeks and LOTS of questions that involved how to get rid of/tone these trouble zones. But I HAVE to mention that you can't opt to lose fat off only a specific area of your body. You have to work on your whole body. It's a very common misconception. One that I had to get drilled into my head.
Love Handles:
This is the most common complaint that you usually will see right alongside the extra weight in your tummy area. I'm no pro with this area, because it's one area that I've been BUSTING my butt to fix.
** So first off, if you're not familiar with the term "love handles", it's simply the extra flab or excess weight that sits on the sides of the abdomen.
** In the process of reducing or "trimming" this area, you HAVE to incorporate aerobic/cardio exercise. It's just a must. There's no way around it. You have to raise your heart rate to burn that level of fat before you even begin to tone.
** If you want to tone these suckers the appropriate exercises would be: basic crunches, leg flutters, twist crunches, sit ups...
Arms:
Ahhh I know this one very well, I was once told that I have "lunch lady arms". I feel that it's very genetic so I feel like I have to work a bit harder to tone these guys.
** The arms are a difficult area because when you think that you must reduce you don't think weights...but weights - it is!!!
** And just like the above ^ you must incorporate cardio/aerobic exercise.
** Toning these guns will include such exercises: Tricep Pushups (to do this, simply place your hands directly under your shoulders), Bicep Curls with Dumbbells, lying tricep extensions, chair press (put your hands on the edge of a steady chair and grip your feet on the ground in front of you, lower yourself without touching the ground and bring yourself up - 3 sets of 15 reps or whatever you feel comfortable with)
Thighs & Boooty:
The thighs and butt are just one of those areas that we all have an issue with and we all desire to wear shorts - with that is gonna come some hard work!
** Cardio!!!! Running, jump rope, biking, dance - work those legs
** Toning and muscle builders - squats, lunges, yoga, pilates
Abs:
My new favorite! Having lost a recent amount of weight I really, really desire to have some abs - not all disgusting manly ones, but some sick, sexy abs.
** This is just like the rest, if you wish to obtain it, you HAVE to do a full body workout. Abs is also something that you shouldn't focus on every day!
** Cardiooooo is a must!
** Toning and muscle control: situps, pushups, planks, core pilates & yoga exercise, twist crunches, reverse crunches...there's a lot out there!
Note: I have read and watched all sorts of videos and a great body DOESN'T start in the gym - it starts in the kitchen. You can do ALL these exercises but it's CRUCIAL that you eat the right way - so PLEASE stop over at Elena's blog and READ UP. I also encourage you to begin researching healthy homecooked meals and snacks. Watch labels, get informed on what you're putting into your body. Because what you do now, will affect your future!!
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Week 10:
Your weight {if you don't feel comfortable sharing this, you don't have to}: I have officially lost a little over 20 lbs since I first began. It's been super crazy, but really, REALLY rewarding.
Your fitness challenge(s) for the week: This upcoming week I really want to step up my weight and toning routines...Last week was very cardio oriented and I'm ready to start really pushing some weights in.
Your food challenge for the week: About the same. Tracking my snacks and calories a little better. Also I've made a big switch with a lot of my main choices of food and grain - so it's just learning to maintain and find new, yummy recipes.
How well did it go: This week I busted it, I really pushed myself and I remember being so drenched in sweat that my workout shorts were soaked. And I had the AC as low as it could go! A huge breakthrough this week was that I fit into my motivation jeans! On my birthday we ordered two brand new spankin pair of jeans from Delia's and I knew I was doing this challenge and was afraid that if I bought new jeans that they wouldn't last long cuz I'm losing weight...so we bought them smaller and I officially totally fit in the suckers!
Failures and slip-ups: I overate once, it was a home cooked meal, but it was still unnecessary.
Weekly challenge wisdom: Tomorrow you will have wished you started today.
Advice to fellow GET FIT members: Try new recipes!
Your Fan Loving Selfie ( optional but strongly encouraged):While attempting this selfie today, my hand caught the strap of my camera and it took a fall - completely destroying my lense....I have another lense but at this point I was just devastated and I was literally sobbing. So no, selfie this week as I try to figure out how to replace said lense :[ However, I do have a new progress photo!





15 comments:
Great progress shot, wow! And I'd cry too if my lens broke.
Hey, you are my inspiration!! Wow look at the difference in your thighs, NO MORE cellulite!!!! You Go Girl!! And thanks for the blogger spotlight!! I feel so special:)
amazing transformation!! :) Great job!
Holy crap,woman! Looking good!!
SOOO proud of you! from me doing insnity now i know how HARD you have worked! woooot wooot! i cant wait to feel as good as i bet you feel
1 theres no way u could have lost that n 10 weeks
2 ur ugly
3 ur still huge
4 ur daughter is an abomination
uncool anonymous, very uncool
Amazing, Love ya sonya!
I seriously can't understand what would compel someone to say horrible things like that.
Sonya you are gorgeous inside and out and your beautiful daughter is a testament to that. Keep up the good work, you have definitely inspired me to be healthier and obviously inspired jealousy in others. It's too bad when some people choose to let their insecurities manifest into ridiculous critiscms of others. Cowards aside, you go girl!
You know what it comes down to for "anonymous"? Jealousy. Pure jealousy. Because to everyone else in this world, you look absolutely amazing, beautiful, toned and you are an inspiration to all of us who are trying to get fit. As for your daughter? Extremely beautiful as well. You go girl!! I wish I looked like you!!
-Manda
you look incredible!! thats so amazing!! congrats!! i really admire your dedication, wish i could make myself do something like that!
Wow! You look wonderful!
Wow! You look fantastic!! I hope you feel that fantastic, too.
AND...
1 way to go for making such an amazing change in 10 weeks.
2 you're beautiful inside and outside
3 I want your waistline
4 your daughter is a beautiful little girl
to: anonymous -
it is very possible to lose that in ten weeks. if you were either athletic, committed, or even educated yourself - you would know that.
sonya is far from ugly. you must be a very insecure person to say such a false statement. most comments as such stem from jealousy. so go re-evaluate yourself.
huge. hahah. please, go look up the word huge in the dictionary. this goes back to you clearly not being educated. this pretty girl is most definitely not huge.
to say that a child is more or less a disgrace, pretty much makes you one of the most ignorant faces to walk this earth.
please anonymous, go find yourself a hobby (and an education) and do something more positive with your life.
i pray for people like you.
as for you sonya, you look phenomenal. keep up the good and hard work, it's certainly paying off. your daughter, by the way, has to be one of the most precious children i have ever seen in my life. she is absolutely a blessing and a beauty.
xoxo!
Post a Comment