Sunday, March 27, 2011

Get Fit - Get Healthy: Week 8

1. If you haven’t yet, join the challenge here: GET FIT and GET HEALTHY
2. Every Saturday come back to The Art of Making a Baby and {shutter}mama to read the tips on how to be fitter, healthier and more confident.
3. Weekly write a post about your progress, following the questionnaire below, take a self-portrait (optional) and link up with us.
4. Don’t forget to grab the GET FIT challenge button on the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog or GET FIT post.
5. Link your post with Selfie Saturdays if you took your week’s self-portrait.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to sincerely apologize for my terribly late post, this past week has been rough for me. I have just felt so bogged down - physically, spiritually and emotionally. So as I type this out, it's only uplifting that I play some Lincoln Brewster...because this dude just hits the heart.

So the more you guys dig into getting fit and bettering yourself ultimately for the rest of your life...perhaps you've heard the term "circuit training" come up. So let's indulge!
Circuit Training - a form of conditioning combining resistance training and high-intensity aerobics. It is designed to be easy to follow and target strength building as well as muscular endurance. An exercise "circuit" is one completion of all prescribed exercises in the program. When one circuit is complete, one begins the first exercise again for another circuit. Traditionally, the time between exercises in circuit training is short, often with rapid movement to the next exercise. **{thank you, wikipedia}**

What it does: Conditions your body, improves strength, improves stamina, improves mobility, and develops cardiovascular endurance.

Example:
{Exercises} - Jump Rope, High Knees, Squat Jumps (forward astride), Sit ups (bent knees feet on the ground), Squat Thrusts, Bench Dips, Shuttle runs, Push Ups

{Duration} - * 20 to 30 seconds work on each exercise with a 30 second recovery between each exercise

*3 to 5 sets with a 3 minute recovery between each set

Circuit training is ideal. It works. But it's really a test for your body. You can adjust to your liking...as far as exercise and duration. The goal is to incorporate your WHOLE body and really get your heart rate up. As I have mentioned previously, when your heart rate is up...you burn calories!
******************************************************************************************************************************************

Week 8:
Your weight {if you don't feel comfortable sharing this, you don't have to}: I am -2 less this week! wooop.

Your fitness challenge(s) for the week: New workout, TurboFire!! I thought I'd add another for my slow days {Wednesday and Sunday}. I'm stoked!

Your food challenge for the week: Same...no sweets, no soda, more water, less meat...more salad!

How well did it go: This week was difficult. I have had problems with eatind disorders in the past and not to go into detail, I have just been struggling with my thoughts and feelings. I know that this is important for me and I know that I need to finish the way that I started because I WILL thank myself for doing this right in the end. I NEED to also focus on being FIT and not SKINNY. This isn't about becoming skinny for me, so the fact that my head keeps reverting back to that, is really difficult. I have been struggling with this ALL week and so I'm just praying this up coming week eases up a bit.

Failures and slip-ups: Well.... hahaha my video player was down and so I failed to exercise a few times and it took a toll on me, so then I'd force myself to do what I could from memory or whatever. 

Weekly challenge wisdom: Fit is the new skinny! hahaha. That's more for me haha. I use this pic to remind me what's important -

Advice to fellow GET FIT members: Set goals that you know you can keep.

Your Beautiful Selfie ( optional but strongly encouraged):
Will be up tomorrow....I have a LOT of work to catch up on. oops.







shutter-mama




 
The Art of Making a Baby


XOXO,
ME



3 comments:

Elena said...

Ohhhh I love your picture!!!! It so put a smile on my face!
BTW, you look FABULOUS! There's such a difference between before and now ( unless of course you used liquify tool). Your waist looks DREAMY
And I love the background! So real!
Though I think you missed the focus here...can't really tell :) You should read my latest focus tutorial!

Again, girl, you look fantastic! And that smile...ohhh!!!

Unknown said...

You ARE beautiful. I think I said this about your other selfies but your selfie is AMAZING! My jaw dropped. You look fantastic. (Thank you for asking how I feel on my comments...'great' is the answer) Now, I'm going to turn it around on you. How do YOU feel?

Andrea said...

Girl you are lookin SEXY!!!!!! Good job:) All that hard work paying off