We have had an eventful week and a half. And when I saw eventful, I MEAN to say - stressful! My dearest daughter came down with a horrible fever and boogers about a week and a half ago...and for a few days we stayed up with her at all hours of the night trying HARD to get her fever to come down. It was HORRIBLE. My heart was hurting for Maia and honestly I was just really, really tired. Fast forward to last week Thursday, Maia was a TON better...like NIGHT & DAY! We sent her back to Pre-K after 24 hours fever free and there was NO problem. No hit that fast forward a bit to this week Sunday morning. Maia wakes up with massive GREEEEEEN boogars all over her face! And so we don't think much of it because she's trottin around being the clown she is. She went down for a nap and woke up with a FEVER! Like sky high and the chills and no desire to play. I was just blown away! What's going on with my baby!? After Jose's mom checked her ears, there was nothing.
Until yesterday morning we were still baffled as she has been plagued by a fever since Sunday afternoon...we noticed that her little throat was all swollen and red. And we called the pediatrician and right away she was given antibiotics for a bacterial infection of the throat - aka STREP. I dealt with that beast since I was little...our family is plagued by it. We have big tonsils. Today - NO FEVER!!!!
Just catching up on sleep and getting ready to head to Pre-K tomorrow now that she's been on antibiotics for more than 24 hours. I'm so relieved that we found out what was going on and so thankful that this will all be over with soon! I'm not even kidding when I say that yesterday she ate pretty much nothing! You put anything near her mouth and a fit was thrown - I bet she was terrified of it hurting to swallow. My poor baby. Today she ate ALL DAY! I'm not even kidding! She ate and ate and ate and ATE!!! Good baby!
So here's what our sick days looked like:

Lots and lots of sleepin!

Pacifier privileges...

Painting finger and toe nails "priddddyyyyy" colors!

Dress Up!

Butterfly wings to take us far away from the land of hurt!
Pridddyyyy please?!



13 comments:
I'm so glad she is doing better. Cant wait to see you both in JUNE!
sick babies are no fun! love the pictures thouugh
Oh poor baby. She is just too pretty to be hurting like that. Glad she is feeling better.
Poor Baby. Hope she stays well.
Wow. Strep. That is crazy for her age. I hope she gets back to being 100 percent soon!
I love the glasses and butterfly wings. =D
♥♥
I'm glad she's feeling better! WOW, strep?!?! My hubby and daughter are terribly sick now with fevers, runny noses, and sore throats. It is just yuck! And goodness girl... your pictures are so pretty and lovely, inviting, and classic!
And with those pictures, your sick days don't look that bad ;)
Aw, poor girl! Your photos of the sick days are adorable though. Glad she has gotten her appetite back!
Poor baby and mommy! Hopefully she is back to her normal self soon!
pppor thing, I really hope shes feeling better!!! I really really really want to learn to take pictures like you!! your soo awesome!
Hi long time... Maia is looking beautiful each day. =) Your photos are getting sooo good.
Sending you love from the east coast...
Awww poor Maia (and poor mama!) I hope she is all better! XO
She is getting TOOOOOO Big!
But soooo cute!
Hope she is feeling better!
Post a Comment