Thursday, February 10, 2011

baby drama: she's mad at momma

Oh dear goodness, I feel like I'm constantly fighting our internet connection here in Costa Rica.
SUCK MY TOE, INTERNET, SUCK THEM.
*ahem*
Moving on to greater such things. HEY!! Maia's teething like a banshee again! {all in the spirit of sarcasm - I LOVE teething tantrums!!} Seriously tho, my poor munchkin who has been sleeping through the night since 2 weeks and never is terribly aggressive- is now a agressive, dramatic, 2 hour sleeping monster on a rampage!!! I should not have to go into more detail except to say that I'm terribly annoyed with molars :]

Onto the more fabulous koom-by-yah things in life {how the crap do you even spell that?}. We have officially purchased tickets to go to the US for 3 months-ish. My mom is getting married in May and my best friend is due to have a child between June and July. Gotta love babies!! And I'm so excited to say that I'm nearly booked on the photography side of things! I'm totally blessed right all the way down to my toenails {which happen to be BRIGHT PINK}. So why not post a picture of myself? Hahahahahaha I actually just wanted to share it cuz my eyes look very bluuuuuueeee ;]


Last weekend we packed up some warm things and headed into the mountains with a close friend of Jose and his girlfriend and saw the volcano {Irazu}. I have NEVER seen a real volcano, just what you read in the science book....and so I was pretty excited. Like a little kid with it's first birthday cake. Yes the inside of this volcano is green {from the chemicals and sulfur}. I also captured a rainbow!


And Maia was just totally in love with Jose's friend, Marcelo. Giving him kisses, holding his hand, playing with him...cute stuff.


And we just kinda tromped around on the rink thing filled with volcanic sand. It was so cool! I'm still beaming!!







As someone that has this huge passion for the camera, I feel like I've neglected it lately. It kinda happened when we had come back to Costa Rica and were settling in and I just felt overwhelmed sometimes...which is weird because sometimes it takes a lot for that to happen. But I did and then last week I was convicted, and I was just like, you gotta pull that beast out and start taking pictures. Because that will be the only way that I continue to learn...so I've been back into the business of photographing ahaha. so to speak. So here are some of my latest little learning sessions.

The Sun:

Trends are bright pictures, but not just bright, i'm talking pictures that include the sun right dab in the photo...so I thought I'd experiment.

Detail:

Maia just loves brushing her teeth and showering so this is right after she got out of the shower and I was putting a diaper on her. Toothbrush in mouth :]

Capturing a "moment" and not a pose:

Maia's hair lately has had a mind of it's own. And no matter how many times I put it up, it ends up in her eyes again...and I REFUSE to cut bangs. *keep growing hair!!!*


Maia tipped orange juice on her shirt so we pulled it off and she was walking around the house without a shirt and it was just so cute and she loved being able to touch her belly button whenever she pleased. She loves belly buttons.

Glare:

Another trend that I find super intriguing and usually has an interesting story...the only story behind this photo is that the sun goes down about the exact same time all year here in Costa Rica. And it's always an incredible sight.

Family:

Jose's little cousin, Bianca and her family came from the US to visit and oh my gosh what a cute little girl. I sometimes forget to shoot the family as I'm always so concentrated on capturing the perfect moment with Maia that I forget to get the other ones.



I still have so much to post but feel far too tired to complete my thoughts!!! Have a wonderful weekend you guys!!!

xoxo,
Sonya

11 comments:

mommymilestones said...

Following you from the bloghop! I love your pictures-beautiful! I hope you can return the follow http://prettylittleproducts.com/

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures!!
And how exciting that you'll be in the US for awhile. Although, really, I'd rather be in Costa Rica any day!! :D

Isabel said...

Gorgeous! You & Maia & the little cousin as well! Beautiful pictures! Oh btw, i really LOVE Maia's hair so you should just let it be like that!=)

kitten said...

Love the photos especially the ones where Maia was wearing her red coat. Amazing! :)

*M* said...

Beautiful pictures, as always! Hopefully the molars will come in soon!

Ashley said...

Teething sucks. :( I'm glad you picked up your camera again, you are too talented not to. I love Maia's hair, we are totally jealous cause Mia still only has fuzz. Have a wonderful weekend yourself! xoxo

Elena said...

I love your eyes in the selfie- so blue!
And that red umbrella is so cool among the colors of the volcano.

Also, I think just based on the pictures you posted today, you have grown so much as a photographer! It's great, Sonya!

Nikki Darlin' said...

Poor baby. Those molars are mean little things. Have you gave her frozen bananas. They taste good and the cold will smooth her little gums.
I love your pictures. and your eyes!

Nicole said...

Awesome pictures!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. Hope she gets over teething soon. Poor girl.

AMY said...

LOVE your photo's!!! Gorgeous!
Poor babe....hope it passed quickly and she's doing better now!