Everything is bound to undergo changes at some point or another. Coming back to Costa Rica was a huge change, more than I had expected. It's been difficult for me for reasons that I don't feel comfortable writing about right now. Once again, Jose and I have found ourselves questioning "what next?". Tough stuff when 3 people and 2 countries are in the bowl. But you know, this is just life.


Maia has settled back here like nothing ever happened...because you know, being up to your boobs in snow is not a biggy. ha. She went under her own change tho since being back....Maia has a big girl bed. Legit. Jose wasn't comfortable with the wooden ones because he thought she'd get hurt more...something like that. So we got tinkerbell! And Maia adores her new bed! We're getting a custom mattress made so we threw the playpen mat on top of the rails on the bottom ahaha.

There's nothing like watching your daughter discover freedom at nap time...running out of bed to see me around the corner and running back when she realizes I saw her. CAUGHT!!! THis is gonna be fun!

Another change, if you haven't noticed, is my blog! I've been working diligently on it and made my own background!!! Yesssssirrreee :] I did :] Oh and Maia was featured Wednesday over at baby blackbird and on thursday {shutter}mama was featured on For The Love of Blogs!!! Exciting :] I didn't even know until I started to receive all these wonderful comments from you guys :]
There is just something so sweet about Maia. I think that it's her innocence connected with that sweet ability to just...LOVE and not hold back. Getting kisses every 30 seconds and cuddles. I can only imagine what I was like at her age. Because at her age I had been through more than most children should so I guess that when I watch her I wish more than ever to preserve that innocence and joy.

Today she was just in a clandestine mood. Dancing {as always} and kissing everyone and everything. Her smile just captivating my heart and ohhh mylanta, her laugh is so cute it makes my heart ache in over-joy. Ahhh that laugh is the best. I have the best daughter in the world.

"In thy presence is fullness of joy." -Psalms 16:11

Jose, is the best father for Maia. They are just totally adorable together, makes you wanna vomit, in my friend, Nicole's words. If you know Jose, you'd know that he HATES messes and it drives him crazy when Maia is dirty and like the good man he is, he will willingly except an epic dirty faced kiss from Maia with remnants of lunch showing proudly on her upper lip. Check out Maia's totally epic facial expression mid-kiss.

Their love for eachother makes me giggle...Maia will come up, do a dance, tilt her head and kiss him all the while holding his back and wrapping her other arm around his neck. WHERE DID SHE LEARN THIS?!?!

Jose taught Maia a word we may regret teaching her..."dame" or "give me" but in Spanish. We're in trouble.

In other news, Maia has like...10 teeth or something crazy like that! Yeah, I'm talking she got her first teeth in August at like 11 months and now woooooooo we're in full molar teething motion...ouchhhhh mageee

So here we go round two of molar knock-outs...we're cooler than you, so put that in your juice box and suck it...no joke.

And hello, toddler.


Have a good weekend y'all and join the giveaway if you haven't!!!
PS- Maia pooped in the potty today :]


20 comments:
Soooo many sweet photos! Love the big girl bed! Cute!
Changes are definitely inevitable... I try my best to embrace them because if I resist (which sometimes I do) it's a longer battle that makes no difference. Then there are those changes that I bring on myself. I love the new blog really really do. I actually just read your About me blurb and I can tell you we would be fast friends in real life.
Your daughter, and family for that matter is so sweet and precious. I love the father-daughter photos they emit so much emotion. I love all the photos and especially the profile of your daughter in he pink dress it's a great shot.
Have a wonderful weekend.
You're daughter is simply adorable and precious. Enjoyed the beautiful pics.
I'm a new GFC follower. I came across your blog on the Sunday Blog Hop.
I would love if you followed me back! Check out my savings blog! http://www.schmoobleesaves.com
Thanks, look forward to your posts.
♥ Gabrielle
What a wonderful post and gorgeous photos. Your daughter is so very sweet. I love your new background.
Beautiful pictures and a beautiful girl! I can only imgaine how fast the changes come when they are that age. :-)
What a little beauty!! Hi~ I am your newest follower from the blog hop & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :)
http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/
I love all those photos, especially the chair collage. I hope you guys can figure everything out. :D
I love this photo set! I'm totally digging Maia's plaid shirt. I have a bad, dirty habit of shopping the boy's section for cute plaids for my daughter....Face it, the lumberjack look works for everyone :)
Reminds me of that saying "the only thing that is constant is change itself". It's how we choose to adapt that is important!
These photos are beautiful. Love your new background, too!
I love your new blog design,sooo pretty! Maia is just so cute, sounds like you are doing great job of embracing all the change! Happy weekend Friend!!
maia is honestly in my top 5 cutest baby girls i have ever seen! She is lucky to have such great parents! good luck on everything!
How darling, you're really capturing your daughters life so beautifully. Love the pictures.
She is beautiful! I can only imagine all the different emotions that you are experiencing with your return to Costa Rica.
My husband I are kind of experiencing the same problems with that questions, "What's next?"
His family is all in Guadalajara and my family is all here. We want to try to pacify them all but its not working.
I loved looking at your pictures of your family. Beautiful.
Take care and have a wonderful Sunday.
She is so adorable!! You have a great eye.
Changes are needed in life, I don't know if I'd like who I'd be if there weren't constant change. You're so brave for such a big move!!
I adore the photos of your daughter, she is precious.
Beautiful shots of your daughter!!
Your daughter is simply adorable!
you take the most awesome. photos. and your daughter is adorable. We have hit molar mode so I know that sucks. Good luck with the toddler bed. I'm not looking forward to that one. I really don't want her to have that kind of freedom yet.
your photos are just lovely!!
Oh my gosh, Maia turned toddler all of a sudden! Seriously she has changed so much in the few short months I have been following along. Crazy! She is SO cute!
Post a Comment