Sunday, January 30, 2011

Get Fit Challenge

Hey Gals! So I thought it'd be exciting to create somethin kinda fun. A unique way for all of us with the common goal of not just losing weight but getting fit, to stick together. Keep each other accountable.

The view behind this challenge is that we're not losing weight to be "skinny". We're losing weight to be "FIT". Our goal is to tone up, increase endurance, eat healthy, for some it might be to get a good nights rest {good exercise and eating habits aid in this}, and most importantly to really just feel good about ourselves. Confidence is a tough issue, especially if you're a momma and you went through some pretty big body changes that you're not quite used to. But confidence doesn't come with being skinny, it comes from within. It's about embracing your differences and simply owning them. This has been a hard one for me to learn. As I have struggled on and off with eating since I was 16, I don't want this to be about being skinny. I want to be FIT, and I want to do it the right way. So grab a button and share your goals, stories and desires!!!

Height: 5' 3"

Weight: 140 lbs

Diet: -No sweets and soda {tough one for me, I'm a coca cola addict}
-eat only one serving size a meal
-drink 8 glasses of water a day {it's not hard, just remembering to is hard}
-no eating past 7 pm.

Treats & Rewards: If I complete a whole week as planned, I can have one glass of coke {why not?}

Goals this week: To feel energy. I want to wake up and be ready for the day. I also desire to learn different ways that I can take care of myself besides fitness that may increase confidence and a self-esteem boost. Memorize a bible verse that pertains to self-esteem or confidence.

Discipline: Every treat or glass of coke {that's not rewarded} will have to do either
a}100 jumping jacks or
b} 15 forward and reverse taebo crunches with Jose

What I learned about last week: Even tho I had dabbled in exercising last week, I did learn that I felt proud of myself. It felt good to feel accomplished.

Healthy Thoughts: I CAN do this. I am not given more than I can handle. I WILL feel good. I will look good. This won't last forever!

Here's a little calendar I made for myself. The blue boxes on the bottom of every day are 8 boxes for every glass of water I should drink. Every glass I drink, I check a box.


My Story: My birthday is the 21st of February. I really want to look good for Jose. I think that he deserves that. And for myself, I want to feel good knowing that I have done this the right way. I am strong minded and when I set my mind to something, I WILL do it. So I know that this can be done, it will be done but I desire to have fun doing it. Don't be afraid to set a goal, even if it's little, it's still progress.

"DON'T WAIT FOR MOTIVATION TO COME TO YOU. WORKING HARD IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL FIND YOU."

{shutter}mama




16 comments:

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

woman...you are brilliant. Such a great idea. I will definitely link up hopefully later tonight. :D

Shay said...

This is so neat- I love it! And I love that it is so realistic- you are not saying that you are never going to eat or that you will never pick up a carb again, so its attainable! And I love that you reward yourself- genius! Hope it all goes well for you, you are gorgeous already!

Unknown said...

It sounds like your goals are attainable! Keeping going and you'll reach your goal of being fit!

I came by from comment love at FTLOB:)

Nicole said...

I have a bad coke habit(soda that is)! This is brilliant though, good luck...maybe I will join ya!

Kari said...

This is so great! I definitely need to set goals for myself...I'm such a diet quitter these days. BUT, I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow and they'll weigh me which will be a huge wake-up call for me. Good luck.

AMY said...

I Love this. But I'm leaving on vacation in 2 days.
I love the part of being held accountable to someone. I will check back when I get home from vacation and see how its going.

Jen said...

I'm SO in. I've been meaning to get fit again.
ONE problem (and this is probably TMI, but whatev..)- Aunt Flo came to town this morning, and since I had Jae, Aunt Flo HATES me. I'll jump on the fit train next week, but make a post about it tomorrow so I can get a few to join with you.

Sherri said...

I'm SO in too. I'm very grateful that I found your blog today...this is exactly what I have been needing:)Let me know what I need to do!!YAY!!!
mamasherri.blogspot.com

Glamm Girrl said...

wow, really love this idea!! I'm in the midst of trying to lose some extra weight myself so I love this program you've created!! Happy Blogging!

Branson said...

Where did your linky go?! I was just getting my post together! Booooo! ;-P

kelsey said...

i think your already beautiful =] even tho ive never seen u in person. but way to go on getting healthy! thats so important! btw.. thank u for introducing me to Etsy!!! i feel like i owe you like a million dollars, this site is amazinggggg =] many thanks dear.

Lauren Nicole said...

omg, i love coca cola too.
i can't seem to stop drinking it.

maybe this is the week i can let it go!!

good luck to you, doll.
you will do great!

xoxo

Branson said...

Okay, linked up and first workout complete... my little widget on my blog makes me happy! ;-) It isn't a perfect way to record things, but it makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea. I was linking up every week with another linky. I have been slacking though. I really want to be fit and get healthy for my boys.

*M* said...

I love this! I think it's so important to exercise to be fit, not skinny. I honestly don't think I can keep up with a 6 day exercise schedule right now :(, but I'd like to still participate if possible?

Unknown said...

Are you telling me that thinking about working out won't shed those unwanted pounds?..Love the site, very motivational.
-Buffi
My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog