Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Meet & Greet: Twysted Yarn & GIVEAWAY

Hello gals!!!
Today I'd like to take a moment and introduce our New Sponsor, Twysted Yarn! Who is also taking part in my very first ever and first of a series of my 100 follower giveaway!!!

Before I introduce you to the momma behind the crochet needles, I'd like to say thank you. I started blogging when I had found out that I was pregnant. I was scared and I just wanted to be able to let it all out. Just vent. I had no intentions of gaining any followers at all, it just kind of happened. And I was surrounded by a community of women who didn't judge me, but upheld me and my child and relationship, speaking life into us. So it's been a good journey, and I'm a blogging addict. I love meeting new people and hearing their stories. I love meeting other women with like minded faith, it's encouraging!! So here's to you!!!

I'd like to present to you a fellow momma and new sponsor:

This is Morgan and her beautiful family!!!


This is the momma behind the business, Twysted Yarn. She will be hosting our giveaway but there's more to her than her business.

"I'm a book worm and an English/grammar geek at heart. My pet peeve is when people say, 'I could care less', when in truth, they mean, "I couldn't care less'. I was an English teacher for 4 1/2 years prior to becoming a mom, so I always say I had 450 kids before I ever had my own. I truly loved teaching but now my whole heart goes into being a mommy.

Even though I grew up as a popular kid and 'jock', arts were always encouraged in my home, and I was fortunate to find the love of music and a gift of playing the piano. A night never passed when I didn't witness my mom creating something with her hands, so it was only natural that I would take up crocheting while in high school.


However, Twysted Yarn would have never come to fruition had it not been for my daughter. While pregnant with her, I taught myself the more fashionable side of crocheting (leaving behind granny squares and afghans and forging on to hats, headwraps and headbands, scarves, etc.).

Crocheting now serves as that creative outlet and music of my soul. I love putting together colors, materials, and ideas to create something beautiful. I'm a busy mom of 2 babes under 2, and my life is so abundantly full of love and joy. Our firstborn, a boy, has Down syndrome, and he has taught us what true beauty, love, and joy are. His little sister already is fiercely loyal and protective, though she's only 9 months old and doesn't know the significance of that.

What 'Twysted Yarn' represents to me is that you can take what others view as a tangled mess and with a few 'twysts', create something beautiful, sort of like our sometimes crazy, messed up lives."
-Morgan {Twysted Yarn}

I happened to hop upon her page a while back via etsy and I remember bookmarking it because I've been nagging Jose to get me one of the crocheted headwarmer things for a while. And I hit her page again last week and I was like, maybe she would like to host one of the giveaways for my 100 followers {cuz if I can't get the headband, one of my followers surely should}...I got a response back not only to a yes but that she too was also a Christian and momma and totally in love with the idea of sponsoring and hosting. So here's to Morgan at Twysted Yarn!!!

Are you guys ready for this?!?!?! After looking through her facebook page and etsy page I'm sure that you are all in for a swell treat, this woman has some serious talent! So here you are:

THE TWYSTED YARN GIVEAWAY!!!








Not only is every order custom made to fit you, but the pattern is also custom. Super, super cute - seriously, I want one.

The rules to enter for the Trendy Headwrap, you must:

Leave a comment for every entry but before you enter you MUST be a follower. Remember to leave contact information on your first entry, in case you win!!!

- Head over to Twysted Yarn etsy shop and browse the Trendy Headwraps, tell us which one is your favorite and why. Really look, you guys!!! {1 entry}

- Go over to the Twysted Yarn {the facebook fanpage} Press "like" and write on her wall, letting her know your favorite over all product of hers and that you're from the {shutter}mama giveaway. It's always encouraging to receive feedback, so please take your time and just let her know!! :] {1 entry}

- Stop over at the Twysted Yarn blog and follow! {1 entry}

- Leave a comment telling us what your dream vacation would be. {1 entry}

- Like the {shutter}mama facebook fanpage {1 entry}

- Vote for us by clicking below {1 entry}


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Here's the Twysted Yarn Website: Stop by and browse!
Let the giveaway begin!!!

GIVEAWAY CLOSES SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2010

69 comments:

Rhe Christine said...

tough choice, but I think i like grey mist...simple and would go with everything!

Rheanna @ cammo style love
missrhe81@yahoo.com

Rhe Christine said...

like twysted yarn on facebook!

Rhe Christine said...

new follower on Twysted yarn blog!

Rhe Christine said...

fan of your page on facebook :)
as Rheanna Christine

Rhe Christine said...

voted for you on Top Baby Blogs!

nothinglasts4ever said...

I loved every single one!! But I'm in love with these ones! Specially the ivory one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=429016097192&set=a.429015822192.205790.286678437192

Btw, I love you sonya :)

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

I voted. =D

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

I am now following her cute blog.

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

I am in LOVE with The Lauren Headwrap with Large Rose--Cranberry with Gray Rose. If I don't win this I am totally buying it. =D

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

Liked her page on FB.

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

I already follow you on FB. =D

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

My dream vacation would be London or Paris. Or maybe Rome. Or Greece. Hmmm. I just like to travel, lol.

Leah said...

I am a follower on Twysted Yarn's blog!!!! :) everything is sooooooo cute!!!!!

Leah said...

I've been a fan on the Shutter-Mama facebook page for awhile now... :) xoxo!

Leah said...

Mmmmmm, my dream vacation. I'd LOVE to come down to Costa Rica and visit the other life you live, lol, or a cruise in the Mediterranean. But I think that my all time dream vacation would definitely have to be taking my husband (and some day babybunkins) to see Africa, to see what I've seen and what I love.

Anonymous said...

I follow you. I really love the lauren with the large rose. I would like it in grey with berrylicious rose.

Anonymous said...

I liked her on facebook and wrote on her wall. Here is my email addy i forgot to leave it on my 1st comment sarah@naptimemomtog.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to Paris.

Anonymous said...

I like you on facebook.

Anonymous said...

I voted.

Ashley said...

Oh I love that chocolate truffle hat for Mia. So cute! Congrats on your first sponsor and all your new followers! xo

Anonymous said...

I follow her blog.

Leah said...

I liked Twysted Yarn on Facebook!

Leah said...

oh yeah... contact info... leah.sandow@gmail.com

Leah said...

i love the headband, maybe on the edge with sweet pea or light sage and an aubergine rose?!?! :) can't wait to put my wish list together!

~ps: sonya... look at the cocoon and beanie, totally going to get that for pics in july!!!! :)

Leah said...

pretty sure i voted... :)

Nikki Darlin' said...

My fav is The Fashionable Jess Headwrap--Gray Mist seen here http://www.etsy.com/listing/66139439/the-fashionable-jess-headwrap-gray-mist

email: N_fleming2010@yahoo.com

Nikki Darlin' said...

I left a note on Twysted Yarn FB page.

Nikki Darlin' said...

I'm now following Twysted Yarn's blog

Nikki Darlin' said...

My dream vaca would be somewhere warm but not too warm. Where the drinks are cheap and me and my hubby could maybe renew our vows.

Nikki Darlin' said...

I "like" you on FB!!!

Nikki Darlin' said...

I voted for you on Top Baby Blogs!!!

Marie said...

I'm a new follower, via the blog hop. I really like the Lauren with the rose -- very pretty!

MALINDA WINKLE said...

I'm a new follower hopping by. Please follow my blog in return.

http://MalindaWinkle.blogspot.com
http://stores.ebay.com/JewelersElegance

Nicole said...

Thanks for following my blog "Its All Random". Following back!!

Money Saving Momma said...

Thanks for stopping by "Money Saving Momma" So happy to meet you, I am your newest follower and would love to enter your giveaway. (never entered one before...hope i do it right!)
moneysavingmomma@live.com

Money Saving Momma said...

I love Twysted Yarn!! I especially like the black headwrap with the raspberry flower

Money Saving Momma said...

"liked" Twysted yarn on FB

Money Saving Momma said...

following Twysted Yarn blog and commented...her stuff is amazing!

Money Saving Momma said...

I want to go on a Disney Cruise with my husband and two kiddos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Money Saving Momma said...

I like shutter mama on FB and commented!!

Money Saving Momma said...

voted for your BLOG!!! Hope you win!!

Christa @ Little Us said...

I love the Charcoal with Sungold Flower! SO pretty! I love like the4 Cranberry with Gray Rose!

clovecg at gmail dot com

Christa @ Little Us said...

I like Twysted Yarn on Facebook and told her my favorite and told her you sent me!

clovecg at gmail dot com

Christa @ Little Us said...

Dream Vacation: Greece history and the beach you can't beat it!

clovecg at gmail dot com

Christa @ Little Us said...

I liked the shutter mama facebook fanpage!

clovecg at gmail dot com

Christa @ Little Us said...

I voted on TBB {I would have anyway} ;)

clovecg at gmail dot com

Kandy said...

I Love,Love,Love the Jess Headwrap--Hot Rose!!!!

Kandylee76@yahoo.com

Kandy said...

I just "liked" Twysted Yarn on Facebook!

kandylee76@yahoo.com

Kandy said...

I'm now following Twysted Yarn's blog =)

kandylee76@yahoo.com

Kandy said...

I just "liked" Shutter Mama on FB

kandylee76@yahoo.com

Kandy said...

Clicked and voted!

kandylee76@yahoo.com

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Oh I love these!

<3, New Follower

Unknown said...

These are darling! I'm a new follower from FTLOB! :) I'm very much looking forward to your blog and getting to know you better!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I was going to follow anyways (Congrats on the FTLOB feature, aren't they great!?!). And of course now I have too, Twysted Yarn's stuff is so great! I would totally get the Jess Headwrap in Pink, too cute. And while I couldn't wear it on my dream vacation, which would consist of any beach, hot, sunny weather, and a cold sweet drink, I could totally rock it out in the winter (see what I did there?!? haha). Also, good luck with the top Baby Blogs voting, I put my two cents in there too.
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Mary Beth said...

I am now following Twysted Yarn Blog!

mehunnic@ncsu.edu

Mary Beth said...

I voted for you on baby blogs!

Mary Beth said...

My favorite head wrap is the Lauren Headwrap with the Large Rose - black with the cranberry rose because those are my school colors and the band is so cute! It would be great to cover my ears yet not mess up my hair!

Mary Beth said...

I liked you on facebook :)

Mary Beth said...

My dream vacation would be to go to New York City for a week (even two since it's a dream) and to see a different broadway show every night. I am a huge musical theater nerd and I would never tire of watching these shows over and over again. Some spending money would be nice too :)

Mary Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Beth said...

I like twysted yarn on fb and told her why I like her products and which one I like - really, it was hard to pick a favorite!

Unknown said...

I'd say my favorite would have to be Cranberry with Ivory Rose. Simple and beautiful!

Unknown said...

liked Twysted Yarn on Facebook :]

Unknown said...

Now a follower on Twysted Yarn's blog!

Unknown said...

my dream vacation would be going to New Zealand with the love of my life and our beautiful daughter. I'm absolutely mesmerized by the scenery.

Unknown said...

i've been a fan of {shutter}mama for a while now. she's amazing.

Unknown said...

voted on baby blogs!

Unknown said...

oh ya, contact information rose.jessica@hotmail.com