
I am most definitely a holiday spirited person and when I think Christmas, I really think Christmas...I'm talking Elvis Presley Jingles with cinnamon candles burning and bright Christmas lights as a backdrop to hot cocoa and slippers with a bowl of nuts in front of you, staying warm and watching snow. Since it's kinda hard to do that here in Costa Rica I'm totally goin all out the minute I hit the states I don't care if I'm 3 or 4 days past Christmas, I'm having me a LEGIT Christmas :]


We recently started decorating the house here in Costa Rica and it's so weird to put up Christmas decorations while wearing shorts and sweating your dear arse off. Like seriously? Hahahahaha. I love new experiences tho, that's just me in total :]
Maia was thrilled about the decorations even tho she has no idea why we are putting lights on a tree or why we walked her through a toy store to see what she liked...which was just soooo cute. She was all wombats for the noisy stuff, doggy's, Dora, the play set with a slide bigger than mommy, the car that she drove around...Houston, we have a toy baby!
Um can I tell you how excited I was to be able to put her hair into a totally legit ponytail???

I couldn't stop playing and taking pictures of it! It's so cute!!

She makes my heart beat :]

So with that being said it's been festive around here but I'm still not feeling the actual "Christmas-y" feeling yet...maybe cuz it's hot as balls here or that I see palm trees instead of pine. I don't know :] But Maia is sure growing and loving it.


Speaking of, she has seriously just like grown so cute to the MAX lately. Like where did that come from??? She copies everything I do but her copied version makes mine look like crap haha. She insists on putting her own headband on and her "hair pretties" in her hair all by herself. She tries to dress herself putting her legs in her own pants. Gives me a diaper when she wants to be changed...Girl you're making my life so easy!!!



With these pictures comes THE CUTEST video everrr!!! :]
Woah woah woahhh! from shutter-mama on Vimeo.

PS- Vacation Part 2 is coming :]

9 comments:
Girl, your photos are always so amazing!
I'm a sucker for those close up ones.
The first and the last pictures of Maia are my favorite!
I love that she is getting so independent. I cant wait for that stage!
I can't get over how stinkin cute she is. I just want to cuddle her! And I love the little ponytail. Erg, I want a girl so bad! You must let me borrow her. =D
Can I just say, your daughter makes me want to get divorced, just so I can have babies with a Costa Rican. hehe. Your daughter is so freaking cute. Serious.
I've been celebrating Christmas in subtropical climate for 4 years now. The first year i kept waiting for the Christmas feeling to come, it didn't. So next year I decided to ignore the heat and just have fun: decorate everything, play Christmas music, and it really feels like Christmas. It's not the snow and the cold that makes it Christmas, but the preparations and decorations plus music,family, presents.
And your daughter is just adorable. My husband and I laughed at the video. i wonder what was going through her mind- she was so excited about those hair thingies :)
She is so so so cute! I'm jealous of her hair and ponytail! We have ages before Mia can get one of those. Good for you for bringing Christmas to Costa Rica!
haha she is too adorable! yay for christmas!
OMG, she is even cuter on video!!!
that video is too cute.. hai loves picking out her own pretties too ^_^
Awesome pictures and I love you innovative idea with the lights on the tree..nice!
Post a Comment