Our vacation was like a dream. If I could put words to my favorite moments, I'd fail miserably because it would accentuate anything to the point in which I felt it.
We had driven for quite some time...it felt like forever, possibly because the drivers here scare the living crap out of me and at any point that I felt like falling asleep I'd imagine our van falling off the side of a cliff or something. And we had the idea that we were going to a different house for some reason the pictures we saw had not even given us the slightest clue as to what was in store. We got to the house and all of us had our mouths just hanging open. Trust me I had to get surgery on my jaw afterwards. The views from all sides were just incredible! I was just blown away.
So here are the pictures my lovelies!

The shear excitement of vacation was bleeding out of our veins. {Nothing Like} breathing in the ocean and opening your eyes to the view of heaven on earth.



{Nothing Like} Sitting in the quiet hours of the evening hearing the whispering of grown men in awe and relishing the deepest moments of their lives.

{Nothing Like}Cuddling after swimming in the cool waters of an eternity pool and taking in even the slightest memories for years to come.

{Nothing Like}Stepping out to take in a view that takes your breath away. You're stuck in a moment of God's grand creation.




{Nothing Like}Freeze framing life as it happens and watching the ones you treasure the most interact in love with one another.



{Nothing Like}Pausing for a moment to realize how big your baby has gotten and yet she's still so small. How one smile can capture my whole soul shaking me, moving me to grasp life a little harder...and appreciate the smallest of moments.



{Nothing Like}Holding my little Maia-bug close and capturing us together so I won't regret not being in pictures 10 years from now.


My most favorite part of our trip was our sailing excursion. I can honestly say that I will absolutely never forget this! NEVER. I loved every bit of it and I didn't even get sea sick. Maia only cried once and that was the boat ride to the sailboat. She didn't like the noise of the motor...it scared her little heart to pieces. I heard that this tour is normally about $70 {per person? Not sure} but Jose's parents have really good friends that own the sailboat and took us for a ride much better than any tourist could pay for :]
We started off by driving down to the beach and I thought I'd get in a few pics before we hit the sailboat :] This would be Jose's Mom & Dad.


The anticipation of getting on the little boat to the big one was exciting and nerve wracking I wasn't sure what to expect!

And as the little boat took Jose's parents out we began to dance with excitement, waiting for our excursion.


Bon voyage! We left our last footprints in the sand as the tide washed them and set sail, waving to the land pretending to be pirates out at sea....just anticipating our treasure before us!

The sailors gathered their ropes, served us some water and beer and we were off!



Maia had a buddy or two on the trip and I quickly began to gather pictures to record our travels and new friends that we continually meet around the globe. Soaking up details of their lives and gifting them with pictures to remember us by.



We gazed out into the ocean to see the animal life sailing with us, fish dancing, turtles the size of manhattan, glowing algae, dolphins, birds...bring on the animal kingdom dude! We opened up the sails and let the wind steer us as we left the beach.





As the sun began her slow decent I captured life at it's finest. Worry free.





And of course the 4 year old that walked around the sailboat like he was born on it, melted my heart. His hands knowingly gripping certain areas of rope or taking the wheel right along with his father. On the watch for animal life and reporting it in such a high manner of speaking.



And his sister eating her whole way through a bag of goodies with her dear mother at her side. Watching the shore drift farther away and becoming one with the sun.


And as we voice our burdens and cast them into the ocean, we let loose and feel comforted with the warmth of the sun setting on our backs.



The fisherman with bait on his line and rod in his hands, became the backdrop of a story I remember reading in the bible as a child.


We embraced each other and relaxed as a the sea wind blew over us, and the reflections of light bounced off of our skin.






As the sun started her final decent we danced with anticipation, hope, joy...for the next day to follow. We welcomed the moon and dipped our fingers into what once was.





8 comments:
Yay I've been waiting for these! Gorgeous pictures and beautiful story telling. What a trip! You guys look so happy and you did a great job capturing the special moments!
This looks like it was so much fun. I loved all these beautiful photos.
Wow great photos! Where were you?
We were in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
i love your writing! It makes me smile and so does your pictures. Love Love love them and the people in them. xo
Ahhh! Paradise! Awesome photos! :)
Thank you soo much for stopping by my little world!! Your pictures and your vacation GORGEOUS!! Looks like you had a great time!! New follower!
Wow - amazing pictures. The view from the house is really incredible. Little Maia is sooo cute - she photographs so well. Simply adorable!I love her little yellow sun dress on the boat! :)
Post a Comment