Jose and I have really been trying to deepen our relationship not just for us but for Maia. I really want her to have a solid foundation. And there's millions of things "you should" do but I feel like I forget. It feels chaotic. I need to learn when to put down the computer and play with her. Playtime is important because it's not like they have real safe parks here in Costa Rica...we don't get out much. Just too dangerous or dirty. And this makes me hope that we move to a sub division with an enclosed park and area to walk...so that she can experience some fresh air every now and then. It's very important to me, I grew up outside, I wouldn't change that.
But yesterday we did go outside and enjoy some wonderful chalk art and pool time.


Jose's little brother, Isaac. He can be a sweety or sometimes...hahah a pest. But I love him. He's very funny and he cares very much for Maia.


While I snapped pictures, Maia followed Jose around coloring with him and over his drawings. Sooo cute, she just adores him to pieces.


She is so stinkin cute. Everything she has learned lately has been out of copying and that's just another sign of God's design. I don't think that out of nothing a child can comprehend or learn like this. This is insanely beautiful to me and she is the best part of me.



My day has been rough. This teething thing has been harder than I pinned it for. Maia has 3 coming at once and she's just been irritable and uncomfortable. It's hard to see her in discomfort but it's also hard to see her act out on it. I get very frustrated. Today she awoke from a nap very disgruntled :(

...but then I gave her kisses and...she was okay :)


Through the teething, hitting, fits, short naps...I still love the pieces out of her. She amazes me. I just really love being a mom. I hope to be able to provide everything she needs not just physically and emotionally but spiritually too. God loves you my baby girl.
Jeremiah 1:5 ”Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work."
XOXO
ME

4 comments:
you are right! Kids don't get outside enough anymore. I lived barefoot my whole life!!
*cough cough* move to Utah *cough cough*
Oh and I think you should fill out my thing I have on my blog called "Featured Friday" I want everyone else to know how amazing you are!! Love you guys!!
I'm new to your blog, but I can understand what you're going through. The first year in a new country is always the hardest. The first half is difficult because you're missing your life in the U.S. and then there's the culture shock to deal with. And the second half, well, you're a little more used to it, but you still miss the U.S. and you still don't understand a lot of things.
BUT, you will get through this. You are already on the right path. Trust in the Lord and He will get you through this.
And if you ever need to vent or talk to someone who's gone through that, then by all means, send me an email. :)
i love that she has one shoe on in some pictures. classic one year old. shes so cute!
I agree -children need the outdoors to play in. I hope you find a place soon that is safe to take her to. I hope the teething goes by quickly.
Post a Comment