Friday, October 22, 2010

Love and Respect


By far...best book I've ever read. It truly has changed my life. This isn't a review. This is real. This is me telling you to go out and purchase THIS book because it will change the way you look at your marriage/relationship and how to understand your husband/lovey dovey and his needs. In return, he will show and give you the love you desperately need. Because the root of it all...women desire to be loved the way they love. And men need respect. Plain as day and I should have read this book sooner.

I'm not a particular fan of "this is right and this is not" books because truly..everyone has an opinion on how things are to be done. But this book doesn't tell you what your doing is wrong nor does it tell you that it can't get better. It tells you, simply enough...your husband (or significant other) needs respect and in the root of most problems or disagreements a man will lash out when he isn't receiving the respect he needs or thinks is not acknowledged and a woman fights back because she doesn't think that her hubbers (yes, I did just say that) loves her the way she loves him.

And the more I thought about it the more it dawned on me...Ohhh my heck...every argument...it's there. Plain as day. I lash out 99% of the time because I feel like I'm not being loved the way that I love...wow. So I am telling you. As someone that truly cares because relationships are HARD, they take work...and to be frank, I'm tired of divorce....please read this book or just the glimpse...it really is worth it. Really.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Miss Mouse and Me said...

my mom told me i should read this book but i haven't had a chance to yet....i guess i better go get it

Greta said...

You're the second that's suggested it...I might have to make a trek to Barnes and Noble today :)

I love your blog. Your pictures are incredible. And I love being able to hear your heart in your writing. I'm excited to read more :)

Ashley said...

Thanks for the rec, I'm going to read it. I'm tired of divorce too!

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

I took your advice and I just ordered this book. Thanks for the suggestion!

Unknown said...

You're not the first person I've heard rave about this book. I think I'll buy it. I'm ALL about anything that will help strengthen a marriage/relationship! :)

kitten said...

Thank you, I will check this book out. I also believe that marriage is always a work in progress, we have to keep working on it.

Jhen.Stark said...

Oh my! I love this book. I love its author. And I love this ministry!

My husband and I went through the conference and it was AMAZING!!!!!

P.S. After this post, I'm your newest follower!