Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the holder of my heart.

My daughter left to Costa Rica with her father today. It was super hard. Super. I have honestly never gone a single night without her. So this....this....is gut wrenching. If I were in a movie, I'm sure you'd all be crying at this point. Yup I get that 22 days is a blimp on the screen and yes I understand that she's not dead...BUT there's more to this than you think and actually I'm sure all of you first time mommies can simply understand.

I have been mom for a about a year and a half (including tummy time). And THAT is all I know to be now. I gave up everything else. The moment that I knew of her existence, everything changed and I put my identity into being a mother. So now that she's not here, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH MYSELF? I'm sorry, but seriously. I feel lost. I see an empty crib, high chair, no clothes pulled out all over the floor. What am I supposed to do with myself? This is hard for me!

This Saturday will be Maia's first birthday :[ I wish I could kiss her on that special day. September 11...changed my life. We did get to celebrate it this past Saturday. It was such a beautiful day. I'll be posting more pictures. It was such a precious day. And I was fighting so many emotions. She has grown to be such an outstanding little girl. So here it is...

1 Year Mile Stones:
-First Real Smile (1.5 months old)
-First Laugh (3 months)
-First time sitting up (3.5 months)
-"momma" (4 months)
-Actually interaction with toys (4 months)
-Rolling over (4 months)
-"papa" (5 months)
-Waving bye-bye (6-7 months)
-Crawling (7 months)
-Standing (8 months)
-First 2 Teeth (10 months - July 4th & 8th)
-First Steps (10.5 months)
-"Doggy" & "Isaac" & "hey" & "mas" & more that I can't remember(11 months)
-Walking like a pro (11 months)



Mommy loves you with all of her heart. Be good for daddy.
xoxo,
ME

2 comments:

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi said...

You are such a good mommy!! I love youuu I wish I could give you a hug and cry with you. I'd probably die if that happened and I coudn't see Kingston. It just goes to show that you are such an amazing person for letting her daddy take her. You will see her soon though and it will be the best.

Happy almost birthday cute little Maia!!

misanthropypure said...

we miss you