Thursday, April 1, 2010

Keep the "R-Word" to yourself.

Today I got an email from one of my best friends ever, Katelyn. And it made me so Wisconsin-Home Sick. We've always clicked and as much as we fight we laugh not even 5 minutes later. I love her.

She loves Amanda Bynes, Highschool Musical (1, 2, & 3), cartoons, the show Friends, anything Jonas Brothers, American Idol, VBS, drawing & creating, taking pictures, dressing up to take pictures, going to the movies as often as possible, karoke, musicals, acting, dancing, singing.... she's just a normal girl with simple passions. The only difference between her and I is that she has Down Syndrome. She's not slow, she comprehends more than the usual grown adult does. She's not dumb, she did better than most and was on Honor Roll. She's not a "retard", she's my best friend and I love her for EVERYTHING that she is. She has changed my life inside out and blessed me since the day we met on the playground in 4th grade. I love her.

So here's to you Katelyn!!! I miss your face and you're adorable self and I can't wait to hang out with you again...we'll do it slumber party style with pizza rolls, coca cola, and karoke contests. I miss you sooooo much.
I love you,
ME

1 comment:

Lauren Nicole said...

This is beyond precious. I admire the love that you have for her. As you know, I share the same passion for someone who also has Down Syndrome. They are the most lovable human beings and I cannot comprehend how anyone could remotely look down upon them. She is lucky to have a friend like you :)