It's safe to say. I have a GORGEOUS little monkey butt! She takes up my time and energy and love and that is alright with me!! Her newest developments are simple but when you take a moment to soak it in...it's pretty amazing!
Maia: 6.5 months
-13 lb 6 oz
-27 inches
-41 cm head circumference
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Her best friend is her pacifier. In fact, she only likes the MAM ones...any other and we're SOL. We only have one left here in Costa Rica, they don't sell them here, so I'm really biting my nails hoping we don't lose it, like we've lost 3 in the matter of 2.5 months. Pooooo!!
*She now prefers to sleep on her side, like a big girl. It's so cute. I love it.
*She likes being thrown in the air...and caught of course. :]
*Put music on and she dances. So freaking cute. Went to a party, and she started the dancing :]
*Her newest developments are object recognition...with that being said...she told me to write this letter so Papi would understand. Here it goes...
Dear Papi,
I'm really sorry but I couldn't help myself. I saw your cell phone and OF COURSE it fit perfectly in my mouth! However the ear piece has become a little drowned...I promise I didn't realize my slobber would affect it like that. I tried to fix it by banging the drool out on the bed...no luck. Forgive me.
Love Forever,
Miss Maia
*New Words!!! Maia has indeed begun word basics. She has had "ma" & "ama" down for a while now, but in about 2 days she has mastered our new favorite... "pa". It's so stinking, unbelievably cute. I can't get over it.
*Sleep Fighting. She will push herself until she's pretty much looking through her eyelids. It's a hassle but honestly...I enjoy the fact that after a certain point, I'm the only one that can get her calmed down enough to finally sleep.
*Let's Play...1-2 am. Wake up...not hungry at all, just wants to talk to her feet and hands while singing and screaming joyfully at the top of her longs...30 minutes later, back to sleep like nothing ever happened. Do I have to mention that I wake up every 2-3 hours to put her blankets back on her cuz she kicks them off constantly, even the first night in the hospital!!! Seriously. Definitely a soccer player or dancer or somethin :]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love her. My world revolves around this tiny little girl and I'm so glad that we're waiting quite a few years (6-ish) before even thinking about child 2. I'm so blessed to have such an awesome lively little girl. She rocks my world. I love watching her interact with Jose and melts me deep inside. He really adores her and he is wrapped around her tiny finger. He'd do anything for her and that's cool to watch in action.
We leave Costa Rica in 16 days...I feel the tears comin on a little. My heart breaks for Jose. He has to say goodbye to both of us...and I think it's gonna be hard for me!!! I can't imagine how he's even gonna BEGIN to feel. I wish I could take his pain.
Since having Maia, my life, my relationships, my goals, have all changed for the better. I don't even want to think where I'd be right now without her. I was headed down a dangerous road. Something very rocky...and I know that God always has a plan and reason behind everything...whatever it is I'm thankful. I feel stronger in who I am today than yesterday.
~Sonya
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She's beautiful! I know, maybe I should just send you all my old cellphones and then she could go to town on them? :)
yay I can post comments she is soo beautiful I love her.
hmm why don't I mail you some MAM binkies or something why the hell are you in costa rica? So jealous that is awesome.
Kingston loves those silly binkies they are the cutest ones but its annoying when they lose them because they wont take any other kinds.
Post a Comment