Saturday, March 20, 2010

our lifeline.

I was looking at Maia's bellybutton the other day and it's just so surreal. Time has gone by so quickly, my gorgeous baby is already 6 months old...and it was just 6 months ago that she was inside of me and the one thing that kept her alive and healthy was her umbilical cord. Without it, I wouldn't have Maia. It was her lifeline and yet something I often overlooked in my pregnancy, we think about the little person developing and growing nails and hair and starting to feel and respond to touch and it's just totally surreal, but all of that can only happen when that umbilical cord is there.

I think our relationship is much the same with God. Our umbilical cord, or lifeline, keeping us healthy and growing is prayer. And we can't forget about it or overlook it because it's what keeps us alive in Him. We can only grow in Him when we're using that lifeline and praying and using the food he gives us...his word, the Bible. I don't know. Just interesting. For me. Something I was thinking about in my mind today as I looked down at my beautiful baby's growing belly.
Maia has officially learned to say "pa"!! The last two days you could just see her little mouth forming it, but no sound, and today, just like that...very quietly she peeped out..."pa". And it's sooo much cuter because Jose sits with her and constantly repeats it for her...and she will say it in the quietest little girly voice ever..."pa"....ah my heart totally melted. She says "mama"...but it comes out more like..."OM, AMA, MA-MA-MA-MA MAAAAA, OM!" in her very deep voice...so it was just such a heart melter today to hear her say "pa" like a freaking cute little princess...I kid you not.

The biggest reward in the world is having breastfed her thus far and long. I feel like we have a closeness that no one else gets with her, not even her papi. But lately, when she's hungry, SHE'S REALLY HUNGRY! And she becomes very aggressive until given the boob. Once she latches she goes at it, but it hurts, so I'm contemplating maybe starting to ween her on to a bottle. Breastfeeding has become painful and I really actually hate the idea of stopping but like I said, it's become pretty painful, and besides the fact..I only have like 2 bras that fit, and I'm hoping my boobs will shrink a bit...*tad bit of TMI* but seriously, I'm soooo ready to loose these suckers. SO ready.

Today Ms. Hannah said that she's gonna be visiting me in Tennessee once I return and I about died of hyperventilation! I was so excited and its been a long time since I've seen my close friends that I grew up with in Wisconsin :C so I got a little emotional. I'm jumping out of my chair just thinking about it :] i miss her!

Anywhoooo, I'm gonna get ready for bed.
G'night readers!
ME

1 comment:

~Hannah~ said...

I LOVE YOU SONYA!!!! AWWW yay i'm in your blog!!!! SEE YOU SOON!!! Give MAIA hugs for me!!!