Saturday, February 13, 2010

Swimming, Pooping, Much More

For the first time ever, Maia went swimming yesterday! I honestly didn't really know what to expect but it went amazingly well! She was EXTREMELY content. She just loved the water. She was super relaxed and I just have to say how awesome that was for me to watch and see. She swam with her dad for about a half an hour and of course she fell asleep pretty quickly after getting dried and dressed. We bought her first swimming suit yesterday as well and ended up getting one too big so we made a few little fixes by tying it with hair ties in the back :D she was too cute.
Lately, we've really had a problem with Maia pooping. She doesn't go for 2-3 days at a time and it's obviously really hard on her little tummy. She becomes uncomfortable and fussy and it's really hard especially when she's crying in pain. So we have had to lube up a Q-tip or thermometer with baby oil and slide it into the rectum to give anal stimulation. Not a fun process but 9 times out of 10 it has worked. So last night she was in a great amount of pain. She had been pushing all day and last night it hit a point that even touching her stomach hurt too much. So I tried the Q-tip and it went from bad to worse. Just shear pain on her face. So we quickly called Jose's mom (a doctor), and she said to go get mineral oil and anal depositories for babies. We ran to the pharmacy quickly and got home and put the depository in, fought with her a little to keep her butt clenched so she wouldn't shoot it out and sure enough after a minute she had finally pooped. GUYS! You have no idea how much your life changes until this happens, because it's at this point you realize what's become of your life. She poops, she stops crying, you stop pulling your hair out, she starts kicking because she's happy and comfortable and you start.........CHEERING!!!! I never would have imagined this but, either you already understand this or you will once you have your own children. What a transformation.
I still get a lot of questions...like how Jose and I are doing, and my answer remains the same. We're doing awesome. I think that he's an amazing father and he's really stepped up to the plate. He's been working hard at school and having Maia has not slowed him or stopped him from doing his best. I'm extremely proud of him and the fact that he's doing this all just goes to show myself and anyone really, that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. He's pretty awesome. I couldn't be more thankful to have him. God really has the best for us. I can say that from the bottom of my heart. It's not easy, and we butt heads every now and then but it's worth working for and the imperfections today make tomorrow better. I love him.
Peace love and applesauce,
ME

No comments: