Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clarification

Soooo no pretty pictures this time because I feel that I need to clarify a few things.

First of all I want to talk about Jose. Many of you have come to the impression that he's not gonna stick around or that he's not going to be part of this, which is actually quite the opposite. I think more than anything he'd be willing to drop everything including school in a heartbeat to be here, but I asked him to stay and finish for me. It's not exactly easy with him being in Costa Rica but I have no doubt whatsoever that he'll be here for me when I need him. And maybe you don't understand it, that's okay, what matters is that he DOES plan to be here for the birth and a bit after that and that he's giving his FULL support and he LOVES the baby more than anything. So with that I must also say that I'm not gonna push for a wedding or anything cuz that's not what we planned. It will happen, just when the time is right.

The other clarification I need to make is the baby's age...it took me a while to understand it too, but the growth is actually charted mainly by gestation age...so when the doctor says, that I'm 8 weeks pregnant, thats really refering to the day that my last period STARTED. The actual age of the baby is less than that by two weeks and thats it's fertilization age. It's confusing but if you look up 1 week pregnant or 2 weeks pregnant on google, you will find that the egg is still just an egg WAITING to be fertilized...I had a long talk with the doc about that. Cuz Jose and I were confused.

And so now, the due date...is September the 8th of 2009. I will find out within a week or so if I'm carrying twins. Apparently my hormone levels suggest it among a few other things. So wow, I'm just hoping it's one but God will pull me through this, cuz He does not give me more than I can handle.

So I love you all very much and thank you for continuing to read and check up on me and the little alien inside me =P
Sonya

2 comments:

misanthropypure said...

forever and ever together

Nicole. said...

I can't wait for that little alien to be born. I'm going to be the best godmother/auntie EVER. You better believe it. XOXOXOX.