This year has been nothing short of crazy. In fact, I could probably say it's been one of the craziest in a while. A lot has changed and a lot is getting ready to change. I learned this year that I'm determined and stronger than I give myself credit for. I also learned that I REALLY love motivating other women in the area of fitness and sharing my education in that area. I have also learned that 2 year olds really like to be independent but not really haha. They like to do everything on their own, but at the end of the day...no one beats mommy or daddy. It's just insane to think back through everything and see how much my life has changed in ONE whole year. My darling daughter has a giant head of hair and voices her every opinion...it's been wonderful!
January:
We started the year by traveling to the United States, specifically Wisconsin. Our first days were hard as we adjusted to cold weather and puffy clothing.
My older brother, Trevor got to meet Maia for the very first time ever. It was absolutely amazing to see his reaction and the way that he treated her.
Elizabeth housed us for 3 weeks and it was time well spent with my best friend. Maia enjoyed the freedom of having the whole house to herself most of the day while Elizabeth worked.
It was Maia's first real snow!
We ended our time by going over to my best friend's beautiful apartment in Chicago. It was Maia's very first time on a subway system :)
February:
We visited the Irazu Volcano. It was my very first time seeing a volcano...kinda a surreal moment!
I began to notice my daughter's love to just play. So we went searching for something that would allow her to play outside and enjoy the nice Costa Rican weather.
March:
We started march out by going on a mini vacation to Los Lagos Resort right at the foot of the constantly active volcano, Arenal. It was absolutely beautiful.
I took part in Selfie Magic's weekly challenge. It was my first time taking pictures of myself that actually included thought and different challenges. It was difficult for me to feel comfortable in front of the camera but the reward was beautiful.
I was about 2 months into a life changing weightloss journey that started with a diet change and P90X. For the first time in nearly a year, I felt beautiful showing my whole body in front of the camera.
This would also mark the month that Maia started school and legitimately got sick for the first time in her life outside of shots.
April:
This would be the month that Maia started to play outside EVERY day after naptime. It was neat because the first 30 minutes outside was dedicated to watching the birds fly around and chirp happily at my sweet daughter.
In April, we all traveled to the US to attend my mother's wedding and to visit with family. We kick started the journey by taking my mother out on her bachlorette party, and man...she was beautiful.
May:
My mother got married!!! She was stunning and being present on the happiest day of her life, was an honor. It's such a special memory to me. She was stunning.
A short week after my mother's wedding, Jose left back for CR and Maia and I packed up our stuff and traveled to Tennessee to visit my dad's side!!!
We went camping in a trailer for the first time ever because my dad ditched the tents...lazy man - hahahah just kidding ;) It was a really neat time. I really loved the quiet time with my family in the wilderness.
Maia LOVED having 3 boys that wanted to play with her all the time and she surely enjoyed going to the pool everyday.
June:
We started the month of June by packing up YET again and heading to Wisconsin. My best friend, Leah was weeks out from having her boy and I was there to photograph her belly, birth and newbie shots.
Maia enjoyed having the backyard of Leah's house to herself :)
July:
After waiting all month of June for Leah's little man to make an appearance, he decided he had his own schedule. So we kicked off the month of July with an Independence Day celebration and pictures that I'll keep forever. Leah's nephew Gavin, quickly became Maia's best friend and I was glad she had a buddy to watch fireworks with.
FINALLY!!! Abraham was born!!! This was the VERY first water birth that I got to see up close and personal and photograph. It was SO beautiful. Leah was a rockstar and baby Abraham made quite a grand appearance with the tiniest little cry ever. And SO cute at that!
August:
Back to Costa Rica. It had been a long few months in the state but I was eager to see all of my clothes again and have Maia back in her stable enviornment.
September:
We started September by going to Playa Conchal for a MUCH needed vacation from EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. We rode horses on the beach and just chilled in the ocean taking in everything and enjoying every minute!
Maia turned 2!! We brought it in with a DIY nautical theme :)
She was so stunning!
October:
Maia began to TALK!!! Like really start talking and singing! Ugh how I love when she sings!
We dressed her as an Indian Princess!
I have noticed a "big girl" personality shining out of my now 2 year old! Playing tricks and doing things to get me to laugh. Singing and talking...I love this!
November:
We traveled to Orlando, FL to renew our visas! Maia and her cousin, Bianca had a BLAST playing together and it was absolutely AWESOME to see them interact with one another!
We went to Disney World, it was nothing short of wicked SWEEEEET!
December:
I got a sewing machine and my first project was a coat for Maia. I LOVE how it turned out! :]
We got to meet Jose's sister Carolina, for the first time ever. She lives in Virginia with her husband and son, Ian. Maia and Ian are only 5 months apart and I loved watching them together.
We went to a zoo here in Costa Rica and I think it was neat for Maia to experience another part of her country. She LOVED seeing all the animals and chasing birds around.
Jose and I started planning this upcoming year and setting in details for the move back to the US. Stressful? Yes. But I'm looking forward to a brand new year and all that it has to offer. I often find myself yelling at him when he's got nothing to do with the reason I'm angry to begin with. He's surely been quite the dude this year and sat through a LOT of crap with me and offered me his shoulders. I'm proud to say he's one hell of a father to my child!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!










































11 comments:
you had such an eventful year! how awesome! :)
and i'm so excited for everything that is in store for your future, sonya! happy 2012!
Happy new year beautiful! Love all the pictures!!!
My blog was designed by http://lovejazmyn.me/ She's amazing!!!
Following you on pinterest! :)
Beautiful pictures! Goodness I would love to know your photography secrets ;)
Happy New Year!
[I'm a new follower, after finding your fitness blog. Love it!]
Andrea :)
www.afamilyofwolfes.blogspot.com
oh my gosh. what a year! Isn't it amazing how much our kids change in just one year... and what a busy life you all have had this year! I love that you sewed maia's jacket - girl I give you so much credit! I coulnd't sew that button on it! LOL! Great job! There are so many great pictures here... but I love the one in her polka-dot dress - it's beautiful! :) Happy New Year!
What an awesome year! Your little girl is adorable. I would love to travel like you do. Disney is so much fun! I love teh coat you made also!
Your photos are so beautiful! What camera do you use? Happy New Year!
What a wonderful year! Hope 2012 is a great one for your beautiful family!
Great pics!!!! Your daughter is adorable!!
Happy New Year Sonya! To you, Jose and Maia. You guys really are a beautiful family!
xoxo
Kyna
Thank you for sharing this wonderful look back. I remember so many of these posts. Big Hugs!
i hope that you have an awesome new year
smile, GOD made you amazing
brian
Post a Comment