I realize this post is extremely LATE, but I REALLY haven't been feeling the greatest. I got sick and was prescribed antibiotics and with that came the absolute WORST nausea EVER accompanied with throwing up. Needless to say I still have 2.5 days of taking this crap and I skipped yesterday cuz I was tired of feeling so nauseated!!! But I must continue on because I want to get better. Soooo...continuing on.
*I'm thankful that my loving God is watching over me even when I'm pushing Him away, doing things MY way, being greedy, not spreading His love or word...I'm thankful that He still thinks the best of me. He's blessed me with a family that I couldn't thank Him enough for. He's given me new life and new hope. Everyday I wake up refreshed and renewed and I'm SO thankful. I can't thank Him enough.
*I'm thankful for Maia. She's lit up my life in unimaginable ways. She's taught me how to enjoy the simple things and I'm still learning to not sweat over the dinky things. She's given me perspective into a child's world and the beautiful childlike innocence that accompanies. She is SO beautiful! I find myself just watching her...how could I not? This child is so precious. I'm so thankful for her. SO thankful.
*I'm thankful for Jose. This man puts up with a LOT of my crap. And I can't think of anyone that could ever love us like he does. He is the absolute most amazing father to Maia. I watch them interact in delight because I have been assured over and over by his actions that he could never let her down. This girl has him wrapped TIGHTLY around her little fingers. I'm thankful for the countless hours that Jose has spent just sitting with me while I cry my eyes out (seriously, it's a lot) and just listened to me rant. I'm thankful that his first concern was finishing college so that he could provide for us and give Maia what she needs. He's pretty incredible.
*I'm thankful for my family who's given up space in their homes countless times to house us while we spend time in the US. I'm thankful for the many hours they put in on the road driving us to other states to visit more family. I'm thankful for the love they continue to spill out over us. The love that I can feel from 2,000 miles away. I'm so thankful for my father's strong hands and my mother's wisdom behind them. I couldn't ever express enough what they've done for me.
*I'm thankful for Jose's family...as they have helped us get on our feet and given us a place to rest. They have taken me all over Costa Rica and taught me about their culture and customs. They introduced me to horseback riding on the beach and sailing into the sunsets. They've graciously helped us make trips to the USA to see my family. They've been there for a lot of Maia's life and I couldn't be more thankful that they accepted me with open arms.
*I'm thankful for my friendsssss :] they're pretty awesome to have to deal with this distance. And the time that we get is ALWAYS treasured. I'll never forget staying up so late that my body literally was sleep walking through Elizabeth's neighborhood :] haha. Or playing hide and seek in downtown Fulton with my brother's and my best friends. Or making oreo balls at 1 am and simultaneously watching 27 Dresses! Or getting ready to take a 5 day trip to the other side of Costa Rica with the greatest person ever, Anna! (I'm so excited!!!) Or watching my best friend give birth to her son and being there to photograph something sooooo beautiful. I love my friends!
*I'm thankful for Joshua. Your quick entrance and exit in and out of my life was surprising in it's own ways, but I couldn't be more thankful to know you the short time that I did. I may never understand why you were taken so quickly but only to think God must have REALLY needed you up there. You taught me that nothing on this Earth should be taken for granted, that every moment is special.
*I'm thankful for a lot of people and a lot of things and I'd probably write up about how awesome my things are, but I have recently discovered that I should be investing more into the people around me than the technology that will fade in a few years or less. I REALLY am thankful that God has blessed me with nice things to journal my life but I'm more thankful for the people in my journal right now.
Stay tuned - I have more goodies to share. Just gotta get back to full health!
Stay tuned - I have more goodies to share. Just gotta get back to full health!






5 comments:
What a beautiful post. I meant to do one of these but well... never got around to it.
I didn't realize you had younger brothers who are a lot younger than you! I have three as well, and they are 14, 12, and 10 (so there is quite the age gap there). I love them and can't wait to see them next month!
hey,
yes, you have much to be thankful for...you have an awesome family...smile and get well soon
brian
You have the cutest little family!
I'm thankful for amazing people like you in this world! :-)
♥ Kyna
what a lovely feel-good post... that is sad about joshua even though I am not sure who he is :(
Post a Comment