Friday, July 1, 2011

Maia & Mommy (lately)

I think that most people have really no idea as to our status here in the states or what the heck has been going on. And honestly, there could be so much I could share but I'm only touching base as my "almost 2 year old" runs off with my cell phone in hand talking to a random contact that she just dialed.


Maia is nearing the most beautifully ugly stage we've ever had so far. Tantrums, screaming, hitting, testing my boundaries...BUT she's also so vocal and has been expressing herself through new words on a daily basis...I'm totally in love with her. It's quite a funny relationship right now. I go from frustrated to laughing very quickly. She's such a little comedian. I'm in awe of her understanding of two languages and expressing herself in both. I'm just blown away.


She dances like no other 2 year old I've ever seen. And honestly I think that her being sooo cultured helps in sooo many ways. I'm just so excited to see where it takes her and how I can help her develop more in that area. I'm so excited to just watch her grow up!!! AHHH!


I have been good. I think the biggest change for me has just been my body. I've lost an incredible amount of weight due to exercise and being sick. I have never been this thin, so I know that I need to be careful and I should probably start building up muscle mass and working on that more. I have also just been really struggling with a lot lately - mentally. If you think about it, send up some prayers. It's been a wild ride. But I'm in it!!


We've hit up a few states since being here and have had limited internet for most of the time. So I haven't really posted much, but as soon as I return to Costa Rica - you can bet we'll be back!

9 comments:

Christa Cox said...

first off... um you are GORGEOUS and look how tiny you are... im so jealous! second, hello, i so feel for ya on the tantrums, screaming, all that fun stuff. let us hold hands and pray this stage goes by fast **sigh**

Libby's Life said...

You are beautiful! and that little one of yours is adorable!

Andrea said...

WOW!! YOU look HOT!! Way to go girl! So proud of you:) And I know what you're talking about when you say attitude is shining through. Kaela's stubborn personality is rising to the surface more than ever lately!

Anonymous said...

You do look good. I have been working on losing weight. I can not wait to look as good as you. Awesome job! Maia is so cute!

Christie said...

Your little girl is adorable and Hot mama those pictures are amazing ;)

Teia said...

beautiful pictures sonya! you are so talented and i love staring at the wonderful works of art you are creating! i hope you are feeling better and i will keep you in my prayers. it's the best thing we can do when life gets tough- raise it up.
<3

Nikki Darlin' said...

2 is a crazy age. my daughter will be 2 next month. Gorgeous pictures!

Natalie said...

Maia is so cute! I love her name too :)

Ashley said...

2 beautiful girls! We are at the same stage you are with Mia, beyond cute and frustrating at the same time. Hang in there girl, prayers sent!