Sunday, April 17, 2011

Get Fit - Get Healthy: Week 11 {mental exercise}

1. If you haven’t yet, join the challenge here: GET FIT and GET HEALTHY
2. Every Saturday come back to The Art of Making a Baby and {shutter}mama to read the tips on how to be fitter, healthier and more confident.
3. Weekly write a post about your progress, following the questionnaire below, take a self-portrait (optional) and link up with us.
4. Don’t forget to grab the GET FIT challenge button on the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog or GET FIT post.
5. Link your post with Selfie Saturdays if you took your week’s self-portrait.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week is going to be very different. I have really been pouring over this post because it's about to get really personal. And my goal is to open up your eyes. I am by no means a scholar in this area, but I have learned a lot and I feel like I have some very serious points to make. So here goes nothing.

Losing weight and becoming fit, is not just about exercise and eating habit changes...in fact, that's only a TINY fraction of it. What you are capable of doing is more than you think - and so therefore, getting to your goal is very, VERY in dire need of changing your thoughts, emotions, and the way you think about yourself and what you can do.
Now, I know for a sure fact that we as women tend to hold on to negative words a LOT quicker and easier than positive words. We beat ourselves down and then when we're covered in our own tears, blood and sweat - we beat ourselves some more. We have started to become accustomed to allowing ourselves believe that we don't deserve better, that we come last in everything, that we aren't worthy of taking a an hour to ourselves a day. WE ARE!!!
I can tell you that this exercise will take away fat from here...or tone there...or strengthen your core, but NONE of it will ever give you enough motivation to pull through a hard workout.

Change is mental! You have to desire it like none other. And when you hit the point in an exercise where you begin to tell yourself that, "you can't" or "it's not worth it anyways" or how about "I'm just gonna fail a week from now, so why keep going"...YOU HAVE TO PUSH THROUGH! No one loses weight overnight...not a significant amount anyways. At whatever point that you've already made up 1,000 reasons why you can't exercise, you've already told yourself that you can't or that you aren't willing. HOWEVER, it will not change the fact that you deserve better. That you deserve to live a HEALTHY life for you, your husband, your kids, your grandchildren....
And then there's some that start exercising...and let's say they set out to do 30 minutes of cardio a day...halfway through you hit a point where you start telling yourself that you just can't...you shut it off and you figure that you did 15 minutes, it's enough. It's not...because it adds up and eventually you notice that you're not losing weight, it's just kinda hanging around the same weight...let me tell you, a plateu usually happens at this point...when we get bored or overwhelmed. Did you know that if you push through and you give that last 15 minutes more than you gave the first, not only will your endorphines increase but you burn more fat and after you exercise, your body will CONTINUE to burn.

Pushing through is mental. You have to start feeding yourself with healthy and positive messages. SAY IT OUT LOUD, scream it if you have to, tell yourself that you are determined, powerful, NOT tired, capable, WORTHY...start believing in yourself and the fact that you can push harder and longer. YOU CAN!!! If you've been through childbirth, you know that these thoughts come in handy to stay on top of your game.
So when you start a workout this week...start your workout saying that you can do it and that you are capable of pushing stronger, faster, and longer...and continue to tell yourself throughout your workout. Really dig down and believe it. And when you start to believe in yourself, your changes will start to really come and you'll be astonished. YOU GUYS ARE MORE CAPABLE than you even know!
*******************************************************************************************************

Week 11:
Your weight {if you don't feel comfortable sharing this, you don't have to}: I honestly didn't weight myself this week. We're getting ready to head to the states so I've just been superrr busy!

Your fitness challenge(s) for the week: My fitness challenges have increased a bit. I love to challenge myself and really push my limits. So I've started adding HIIT workouts to my cardio and toning.

Your food challenge for the week: I've really really been caucious of what I eat and how I prepare it. I've begun to be the hitler of the grocery list. Making sure that 90% of our groceries is produce. I have switched everything over to whole wheat and just been trying to do major carb intake earlier in the day. I also have started to do mostly veggies at dinner with a side of lean meat. Your meat should not be the main thing on your plate, it's actually those veggies. Meat is just the "sauce" hahaa. So I've really just been digging in and educating myself food wise and learning as much as I can.

How well did it go: This week was really successful for me. Overall, I have begun to notice how much more energy I have and how much more attentive I am. I just feel very clear headed and I think that new eating habits have really aided that. Also, I have not dealt with constipation of any sorts in like 9 weeks. And it's totally gross, but um I struggled with that since about 2 months before Maia was born.

Failures and slip-ups: I had some pasta for dinner tonight and Jose's mom prepared it with white noodles...I ate it to not make her feel badly. Not all of it tho. Portion is also another thing that comes in handy when desiring to change your life.

Weekly challenge wisdom: Feed yourself POSTIVE thoughts.

Advice to fellow GET FIT members: The more color you have in your food {veggie and fruit wise} the healthier it is.

Your Magic Selfie ( optional but strongly encouraged): My photoshop is just being a PILL. I plan on having a picture up soon. I'm really starting to get angry with the thing. Hence the lack of Maia pics lately.












shutter-mama










 
The Art of Making a Baby


XOXO,
ME


3 comments:

Christa Cox said...

love you girl! you are beautiful inside and out! and i found that out within 2 second of finding your blog. DO NOT let anyone tell you different. haters will hate and miserable people like to try to make others as miserable as them. you are too goo for that. look at you girl, you are amazing! my freaking role model :)

Unknown said...

You are so right about the mental change that we must go through. I love your insight. Thank you for passing on the wisdom!

Katherines Corner said...

pure inspiration! Hugs and please stop by and enter my latest giveaway to win a gorgeous dress.