Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I love myself because...

I think that being mommy bloggers we tend to write about our kids ALL THE TIME, which is nice, but this is OUR space too. And all too often, we sit behind our computers loving our children and hubs and rip on ourselves, so I'm challenging you...

- I am a driven, full hearted, and passionate woman. God has taught me how to LOVE and I like to give it back!!!


- I'm a great mom. I know that I may fail Maia and I know that as much as she may disappoint me, I will disappoint her too. But for as much as I can and know how and am learning...I am a GREAT mom. I am confident that Maia will grow up to be an amazing woman of faith, full of wisdom, confidence, and beauty.


- I am really funny. That sounds so lame to say it, but I know that 90% of the things that come out of my mouth cause someone to laugh hysterically


- I have really nice teeth. I am obsessed with teeth in the weirdest way. I think teeth say A LOT about a person and they're hygiene. I'm not talking about the way you're teeth are placed, I'm talking brushing skills here. Haha. I really love my teeth and I take super good care of them.


- I have a huge heart. I find it very easy for me to be sucked in quick. I love missions trips, I love serving, I love fellowship, I love people!

- I am a very determined person. When my mind is set on something, I do it, and I will do it until it's "perfect". {to me, at least}


- I am talented. I am one of those people that will pick up anything that involves creativity and run with it. I am a Jane of all trades! I was taught to sew at an EARLY EARLY age, I scrapbook, I work with wood and know power tools like a man, I can sing, I can dance, I can take some nice pictures, I can do hair, I can play the guitar and piano {kind of}, I can cook and bake like it's no ones business...I know that all of these skills will be used in the future and I'm excited to see how God uses them through me.


- I have always had really nice hair, just super healthy and shiny. God blessed me with a full head of pretty hair and I find it to be my best asset most days.


- I strive to constantly better myself. I desire to be a genuine woman. Continually growing in my knowledge and wisdom of Christ and my place on this earth and within my family. I desire to be gentle in my WORDS, EMOTIONS, and ACTIONS. I desire to use my tongue for soothing and not as a weapon. And so I continue to better myself.


What do you love about yourself?

14 comments:

Chocolate Sister said...

Ha ha!! you craked me up!!!
What do i love about myself? mmm
Am funny, loving, caring, Crazy!!!
love cooking and am good at it(you can testify about it), love missions,art, Music, i can sing, play guitar,and drums!! People.
I will give my life for my Family,Am Passionate, and will help even when i have nothing left.
I will not stay on the ground even when i fall am always positive and aware that i have to get up right away and keep walking.
I smile even when am sad.
I love God and He is supperdupper important in my life!!
peace out for now :) ill prob think about some more during the day.
ps. I love you too Miss Sonya!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all of your pictures! So cute! And I love the idea of acknowledging all of the things that you love yourself for. I hardly take time to do that now, and I'm not even a mother, so I could only imagine.
xo,
Jessie

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love this post SONYA..And I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

This is a great post!

Andrea said...

I love this! I'm sure all those things about you are so true and they make me want to sit down and have coffee and chat with you!! hope you have an awesome day, and Praise The Lord Maia is feeling better! xo

Nikki Darlin' said...

I love this. This is a great post. The pictures are awesome and so funny. You should do the 30 challenge with me and Stash Mama. It's on my blog.

Courtney K. said...

First of all....I love your realness and all of the photos that genuinely convey WHO you are. I have a hard time with self-portraits as it is, and you totally rocked these. And second, I love that you love yourself. That kind of confidence, in women especially is few and far between. I'd love for you to check out my "No Mom Talk Monday" posts...all about us moms giving ourselves a break from writing about our kids all the time. :) Have a great Wednesday!!

Jen said...

Awwww...you hit the nail on the head! You're so amazing AND beautiful.

Christa Cox said...

you continue to amaze me every day :) you are one of the most genuine people i know :)

Skye said...

Great post. Really. That made me feel good reading it. But I have to say, I don't really have an answer b/c I feel lousy & fat today and not in a 'love thyself' mood. LOL

Bobi said...

I love this, what an absolutely great idea and something I have such a hard time acknowledging. I do love myself but I usually find more things about myself that I don't like so this is an inspiration to think about the things I do like and try to improve those I don't and accept the ones that are out of my control.

*M* said...

This is such a great idea! Cute post.

Chelsea said...

ohhh i love this! so glad you stumbled upon my blog so that i could find yours! love it! your daughter is soooo beautiful :)

Ashley said...

I love this post Sonya, you are wonderful in so many ways!