Thursday, March 31, 2011

boo boo's suck

So yesterday, we grabbed Maia from school and headed over to a mall so Jose could buy cupcakes for a school project....and well, we found this store for kids called EPK and they have just the most adorable clothes ever and they're very "vintage" and I was just in heaven. Well we bought a dress and some bows {which you'll see in a photoshoot soon!} and we got to the counter and we saw some sunglasses - LOTS of them and Jose, of course asked to see all the styles...*heaven* So we bought an adorable pair of sunglasses and at first Maia wasn't sure about it, but now - she insists on wearing them! And boy are they CUTEEEE!


So we sat outside yesterday while she sported her new shades still dressed in her PE uniform!


And then we ran in the house and it was crunch time. I had to do my hair and CRAZY makeup because Jose needed to do a MAC photoshoot for a school project! Seriously...I felt really awkward with so much makeup, but the pics turned out kinda fricken neat and creepy :]




And then I get on the internet and I'm skyping with Leah, my bff from Wisconsin, when all the sudden we hear a scream and Isaac, Jose's little brother, yelling that she fell. Jose jumped to go check on her and all the sudden everyone's yelling that there's blood, a LOT of blood :( so I hop off skype and access the damage and there surely was a LOT of blood. I was freaking out. And you could see two nice little punctures in her bottom lip. So I took a look at her top teeth and I was so afraid she cracked them, so we'll have to see. It was horrible. I hate when things like this happens :[
It SUCKED. I don't like that word, but it's legit.
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!


13 comments:

Skye said...

Aaaaww Poor baby! I hope she's ok. Doesn't it break your heart?! Julianna fell off the sofa a few weeks ago and I almost died hearing her cry - luckily she was ok, but boy oh boy it makes your heart skip a beat!
Beautiful MAC photos! I love their makeup!
And of course beautiful pics of your daughter! :)

kelsey said...

omg sonya you can see your mommy pain all over your face =[ that poor lovey...

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

awwwwww poor baby! i hope she feels better soon!!!!

Andrea said...

Oh I hope she gets better soon and no cracked teeth! Can't WAIT to see the photo shoot with new clothes:)

Ashley said...

Her glasses are amazing and your make-up looks rad! You can totally pull that off. At least in photos. ;) Sorry to hear about the booboo, we've had lots of teeth thru lips. Luckily the heal SO fast!

Jaclyn said...

Aw I'm sorry to hear that happened, I hate all the scrapes and bruises Payton has been getting now that she is mobile. Poor baby! But those pictures are absolutely adorable & amazing!

Casey Martinez said...

oh my goodness so sorry to hear that your little one bust her lip...I am truly dreading those boo boo days because hearing those screams kills me and seeing blood..eh, not my strong suit. Hope she is okay and love the make up shots. You look hott momma!

Nikki Darlin' said...

OH poor poor baby. Stuff like that scares the crap out of me. And it seems all of Skylee boo-boos happened when it's just me and her at home. So I have no choose but to stay strong.
Love the make-up, super pretty.

Mama in Chile said...

Just came across your blog, hope your little girl is ok! My daughter is also a Maia! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Maia is such a cutie, how can you handle seeing her cry! It'd kill me!
And you're absolutely stunning! I love the pics Jose took of you!

Nikki said...

Poor babe! She's adorable though, even when she cries ;)

kriznizzel said...

I am forever looking at your photos like the first one in this post and wanting to be able to get the super blurred background effect...
So I thought it time to ask you, I do have a great camera, Nikon D90, I don't have allot of experience and normally shoot in auto, lately i've been trying to mess around with the aperture but can't seem to work it out.
Do you think you could let me know what settings you use to get such a blurred background and if it has something to do with the editing as well?
Thank you so much you always take such beautiful photos
Kristy The boy named after a car.

kriznizzel said...

I am forever looking at your photos like the first one in this post and wanting to be able to get the super blurred background effect...
So I thought it time to ask you, I do have a great camera, Nikon D90, I don't have allot of experience and normally shoot in auto, lately i've been trying to mess around with the aperture but can't seem to work it out.
Do you think you could let me know what settings you use to get such a blurred background and if it has something to do with the editing as well?
Thank you so much you always take such beautiful photos
Kristy The boy named after a car.