Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Week, New Goals, New Me :]

So for the next two weeks...I'll be doing a veggie/fruit diet! I gave myself some space last week and allowed myself to find out how it felt to eat just veggies certain meals of the day and so now I wanna go full force, with that being said, I found some yummy vegetarian chili. We're chili fanatics :]

So I bet you want the recipe????
Here you go! I totallyyyy found this via foodgawker.com {check it out!!}

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 TBS cooking oil
  • 1 huge red onion
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 4-5 carrots sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 red peppers, coarsely diced
  • two 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes
  • one 14-ounce can each: black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans—rinsed
  • 4 chipotle chili peppers, chopped (half of 7 oz can)
  • 2 tsp-1 TBS cumin
In your big chili pot, heat the oil on medium. Sauté the onions with salt and pepper until they start to go soft. Then add the garlic until your kitchen is pleasantly garlicky. Toss in the carrots and cook just until they’re no longer crunchy and then slide in the red peppers and give them a brief sauté.
Next come the cans. Empty the tomatoes, beans and chipotles into your pot with the cumin and simmer the whole shebang for about 2 hours on low heat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto other parts of our life lately, I have really been digging in and digging deep with photography. Learning as much as I can, soaking in my pre existing knowledge and merging it with new...

Some of my new experiments, thanks to Jen, have involved freelensing...haven't tried it yet? I encourage you to try, it's kinda neat if you have steady hands or better...a tripod :)
So here's some freelensing pictures:

Jose's eyeball:


Maia's pacifier that will make it's way to the garbage tomorrow morning =/


And then, I was just playing with the natural light that seeps through our window around 9:30-10 ish...

Don't pity...she was throwing a fit haha. ahhhh yes, we're right into the golden age :)


This also had the help of some pretty sweet actions and editing via lightroom and cs5...


This was the 5 pm sunshine...and I was playing with the light through the glass of the doors. Don't really like this picture...but that's the point in playing.


Joy:


Our life has been a whirlwind...Maia is just growing like a weed as she now understands most requests in spanish and english and says "please"...cutest thing ever. She's gotten so big and she entertains herself now, it's just crazy. I can't get over how intelligent she is. She lovessss shoes and trying to dress herself. She loves music and dancing. She loves brushing my hair! She loves anything chocolate and juice! She only takes ONE nap now and it's a change for mommy too. There's never a dull moment lately!

xoxo,
ME

14 comments:

Jen said...

Look how bomb.com you're getting, girl. You're straight bowing my skill out of the water! Lookin' good, Miss.

Elena said...

Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad you decided to try a week of veggies! :)
I LOOOOVE vegetarian chili. It's so much better than the real thing, because you can't taste all that fat ( yuck!)
Also try out veggie burgers ( not soy or tofu but actual vegetable patties). We make them all the time and they taste better than actual beef burgers.

kelsey said...

oof, those one nap days are rough! your girl is too precious! & you are gorgeous!! enjoy your veggie fruit diet! =]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awww, such great photos & that recipe sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing it! Mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Awww, such great photos & that recipe sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing it! Mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Awww, such great photos & that recipe sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing it! Mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Your baby girl is so cute. She remind me of my daughter. yay for foodgawker and tastespotting and tasteologie and all those sites that makes me happy every day as I try to decide what to cook next.

I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog.

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Mmm... that chili looks so good!! Beautiful pics!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!
And I need to make that chili. Right... now! :)

Heather M said...

I love your pics!!! and the Chili looks so yum!!!! Im going to have to try it!

Anonymous said...

That chili looks yummy! Great photos.