Friday, December 3, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hey you guys!!! Today I got sunburnt! Woop woop go me, if you could count on one person in the whole world to get sunburnt 5 minutes in the sun, it's me. I have that special effect. The real story is that we were waiting for Jose to get home from school and well what we thought would be 5 minutes in the sun turned into an hour later and picnic later...Jose had stayed at school to work on something and forgot to call saying he'd be late. Maia turns brown and I of course am tender and RED :] wooop wooop

Yeah so Pandora doesn't work here in Costa Rica...shove it, Pandora...shove it. I am so sad. I enjoy hate Pandora :( We're having a fight right now :)

So I downloaded a CRAP ton of Christmas music last night! Yes, I payed stole it :] Shame *tisk tisk*

Anyhow, Maia has fallen in love with the Christmas Tree {the first time in like 10 years that Jose's family has had one}. She LOVES taking off the ornaments and putting them back on somewhere, rearranging everything. Maybe she'll be an Interior Designer!? Ohhhh I likey


I constantly find myself daydreaming of having our own traditions someday...no matter where we end up country wise. I'm determined to bring back Christmas like the old days :]


I am such a nut for the little detailed specifics that I would probably go overboard in some areas...does it look like I might care? Nooooo sir, no.


Truly tho, I cannot wait. Truly. Anywaysss Maia grabbed my face today in one little fist and I screamed like a banshee. I'm not even gonna hide the details. Not yelling scream, like I'm in pain scream. And you know what she did? She laughed a good ol' belly laugh!!!! I didn't know what to do! That's what I get for picking on Jose and laughing :]


Hoorah for itty bitty's that squeeze your face and rip your skin, because at the end of the night I still quietly walk over and watch her sleep. She is my whole world. And being a mother will forever change who I am.


My dearest friend, Jessica, just had her daughter and if anyone is like me I LOVE reading birth stories...I don't know why and I get sooo emotional. So go over and read her beautiful birth story and pour some love out to that GORGEOUS little baby, Laila :]


Photobucket

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Such lovely pictures. Maia is so cute, I love hearing her stories.

Cassie said...

Maia is so dang cute.

And I love that picture of the star on top of the tree. So pretty!

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

I love these pictures! This really gets me in the Christmas spirit. And I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean about the sunburning. Ugh, I think about going outside and I get red.
What would I do without Pandora? I would probably have a small meltdown.

{ E } said...

I love your tree topper! We have the tree but somehow we forgot the star!
Oh and be happy you're in Costa Rica right now, cuz it's freaking cold here.

melissa rohr said...

beautiful tree!
you should totally link it up: http://www.hibabyblog.com/2010/11/whats-on-your-tree-heres-mine.html