
I most definitely am not a super model in fact I wake up with my hair like this! So this is me in my truest form, take it in because this will be the ONLY time I post a picture like this ;)
Nothing of significance really happened today except someone throwing a few unkind words my direction. I tend to piss people off. Maybe my approach to certain subjects is a little harsh....eesh maneesh. I find myself to be quite honest tho and I am in pursuit of a Godly life which also rubs people the wrong way sometimes.
This happened to be my morning :]


And of course her many adorable faces just GET ME!!!

We had to go out to the language academy to get classes in order today so I did get a few pics of Costa Rica :]


OKAY NOW PAY ATTENTION!!!! I need a collaborative cooperation from a many of you precious women! A dear friend of mine/this mommy, whom I've grown to just adore is partaking in a cute project. Here's where you come in...If you were approached by a brand spankin new oblivious pregnant momma - what advice would you give her as a first time parent?!?!? Here is what I got:
-Always pack 3+ pairs of clothes in a diaper bag. Newborn poop flows endlessly!!!
-They tell you to sleep when the baby does, I never could so I say get a shower in before the opportunity passes, oh and try to get your makeup and hair done. There's a short window for this to happen.
-There is no such thing as too many diapers.
-Breastfeeding {if you can} - listen to your body and baby, no one else.
-{if you can't} - you're not a bad person. There is amazing formula in this day and age. Don't worry.
-Take pictures!!! You will NOT regret it. Time slips fast!
-Soak up the cuddles and hugs and love on that precious baby!!!
-Invest in a wipe warmer, cold wipes makes for pee in the eye :]
-Take time to just stop and watch and remember...you'll thank yourself down the road.
-Listen to your gut.
SO LADIES!!!! Advice?!?!?! :]

9 comments:
I love your take on honesty! Trust me, I am in the EXACT same boat when it comes to telling people exactly what they don't want to hear. =D
I agree on the breastfeeding, and definitely taking pictures. And there is definitely no such thing as too many diapers.
My advice, is to trust your baby and what your body is telling you. Mothering is an instinct, so listen to yourself above all else.
=D
I LUHHVE the wake up pictures. I think that has to be my favorite part of the day. There is just nothing sweeter then your waking up to your smiley, bed headed baby!
As for advice, I found that I really had to learn to stand up for myself and be my babies advocate. People would try to make me do things that I was uncomfortable with, like letting my baby cry it out (which totally works for some people) and I had to learn that it was ok to tell people "No." This is your baby and though everyone is going to have an opinion, remember that it is just that, an opinion.
Oh wow, you don't look bad at all in the morning, give yourself more credit than that! :)
For the advice...
-Enjoy every moment, they really grow so fast!
-The baby doesn't need much, so do NOT overbuy stuff. You won't need everything that is advertised as a MUST-HAve in the market!
-You are the expert when it comes to your baby, don't let other people let you down when they give their unsolicited comment and opinion
Congratulations! :)
I don't know what you meant in your comment to me, I don't need to teach you anything, your photos are AMAZING!!!!!! :0)
Your baby girl is absolutely gorgeous! YES SHE IS!
You look better in the morning than I do all day. I love the collage of Maia. She's precious!
i <3 you so much for helping me with this!!! =] your the greatest
Hola Maia and Mom...
I think you look great in the morning one could only hope...
As long as honesty is delivered in a simple and heartfelt package others might be able to get it and to those that don't after delivered with such love then send them off with good thoughts and pray for them because you can't control them only yourself.
Love all of Maia's faces =)
tips of advice for a new mom
- boppys are amazing! breast feeding or not!
- it will get easier I PROMISE!
- invest in mittens before you have the baby because if you do need them you wont be able to find them when you do
- and let your baby dictate the pace they do things, i learned this the hard way
Ah I love you! I love who you are you always make me smile!! I feel like you are one of my good friends and we've really never met!
Advice: hmm hmmm
- you can never have enough binkys expecially when they are old enough to chuck them across the room and you will never ever find them again. I always keep 5 on me at one time. NOthing worse than not having a binky!!
-your baby will tell you when it's hungry don't worry about writing down the last feeding or last change.
- DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT buy really expensive clothes for your baby! They grow so stinkin fast that they will probably only wear it once.
- Dont compare your baby to others. Every baby is different and grows at it's on speed.
- snuggle your baby because soon it will be to old and will not let you snuggle him/her anymore!!!
Post a Comment