Monday, March 1, 2010

I want to be inspiring toooooooooo!


Eh, so we're back at Monday. Still in Costa Rica, I was supposed to go home yesterday but the date got extended due to some circumstances. Jose gets more time with his little princess and big princess...hehehe...for another month, which is the bright side. Had I gone home yesterday, I'd probably be very depressed today, and I can't even imagine how he'd begin to feel.

I have been doing a TON of researching, watching, looking, evaluating, etc on photography and I want my pictures to be inspiring someday. I really do. I want people to be inspired by my work, and I feel like the more that I learn, the more I don't know. Is that possible? I have this longing...to be the best, not just what everyone else is capable, the BEST freaking photographer out there...but that's asking for a lot. Until then I will continue to sketch onto the things I know, play with new ideas and learn more. Let's put it this way...you know when you hear a really great song and your heart beats a little faster (slower for some), and you start picturing your life or lover or dog...haha or what have you, and you feel like really light and airy and all you start to think is...ahhh what a great song! I wish I could write something like that!!! THAT'S what photography is to me. That feeling right there. One that I can't explain any other way.

Maia's good, really good. She has become, incredibly smart. She watches and mimics facial expressions. Today she heard Jose sneeze and then copied him...like a 2 year old, just in a 5 month old's body. It was funny but definitely a WOAH moment. We've started to feed her baby food pretty much daily now for a while, and she enjoys it. It's still new to her, but she likes it! So that's good! :D That makes me happy.

We joined a gym today here in Costa Rica...kinda nervous/excited for that. Not sure how that'll go. I did my hair super cute today, so I feel fabulous. Most people feel good about themselves when they wear new clothes, I feel amazing when I do my hair up all purdy. Seriously... :]

Meeeeehhhhhh I'm tired and I do feel the urge to bake cookies, however we need 2 sticks of butter :/ Humph.

No comments: