Being the size of a city with shops, salon & spa, restaurants, a marina, etc...you could either travel by car, or the escort service, or GOLF CARTS! I thought it would be kind of dinky, but it was actually pretty fun and Maia totally enjoyed every minute of the golf cart rides. I guess there was a fishing contest so there was boats from all over the world with big white men all sunburnt. Pretty funny to watch.
The first day was bliss, but with bliss in the sun, always comes a hefty case of sunburn! I was as red as a tomato and definitely uncomfortable. But we still made the most of our time, just more carefully. Maia loved the water. She's going to be a pro in no time. She was kicking her legs in the water as you'd move her and then her hands the last day. She had also discovered splashing and that was fun too, but it wiped her out. She was a very tired and cranky little miss. It felt nice to get away and relax. Not worry about swimsuits, friends, rashes, work, cleaning, daily stresses that come with being a young mother. It was perfect. My golden 21st was on Sunday and I didn't have not one drink. I liked it that way. I will remember that birthday the rest of my life. Unlike most 21st birthdays.
The picture below is a replica of the resort & marina and I couldn't even get the whole model in the picture, if that even shows you how BIG this place really was. I would go back any day and would recommend it to anyone looking to get away someplace tropical. I could definitely see it as a place where I'd invite family and friends to a future wedding...hahaha wink wink. No, seriously, it was amazing. I had Jose, my beautiful daughter, and his wonderful family. It was really fun. I feel like I got to see a whole new side to them as well. Just really great people willing to give the world.
Here was the sunset on my birthday. Breathtaking. :] It was my first birthday with Jose and I loved every minute of it. Maia is growing leaps and bounds
here's a look at the latest:
1. Rolling into beds! I believe she's probably had rolling down for a while but hasn't really taken interest into her skill until recently. I was brushing my hair and BuMp...she had rolled until her head hit the leg of the bed. :[ So we're learning that leaving her on a bed...or floor, isn't the greatest idea.
2. Mommy! Lately, she's been clingy. For "oma". She's started this phase where you put her down, and bam, she's upset. Wants me. So I'm learning to love this all the while sometimes it's not always convenient.
3. Throwing ToYs!!! Seriously watch out for the flying toys. I think we should put a sign on Jose's door. Warning against flying toys, hair pulling, and face scratching.
4. Face scratching...speaking of which, haha. She loves to scratch EVERYTHING. She sees a new texture, and she'll just sit there and scratch it. I love it. It's pretty entertaining to watch.
5. Stranger anxiety. Lately she's started to show some uncomfortable-ness around new people or people besides her own truly (oma & papi). For me, I kind of actually have treasured these little moments, and here's why. When I was pregnant and even after I had Maia, I really was scared that she wouldn't know her papi (dad) because he was in Costa Rica the whole time I was pregnant. And even after I didn't know when we'd be apart and he wouldn't be seeing Maia. So to see her cling to him, is just...a great feeling. She really knows her papi and she LOVES when he talks to her and plays with her. I love watching them interact with one another. Every little girl's first love, is her father. :]
6. FOOD! I have been breastfeeding Maia consistently day in and out, and it's an amazing experience. Something I will never ever regret doing. The benefits of breastfeeding and the closure I feel at the end of the day is something I couldn't replace any other way. Breastfeeding, for me is, comforting. But recently, Maia gets what Jose has called "Milk Rage". She latches on and as she's eating gets very physical, grabbing at my shirt and kicking grunting like a man. It's very funny to watch, but at the same time, I have no idea what's going through her little head. She just gets so excited that sometimes she gets rough.
Anyways, one week without blogging kind of sucked, it was too long. Even if no one else reads this, it will be a treasure for me to look back on. Very therapeutic.
Love,
ME

No comments:
Post a Comment