As much as the above face fools you, in the past year I've been more sad than happy. And I'm usually the first one to say that the blues are a case of exaggerated self-pity. Which I still firmly believe is the case for a lot of people, including myself. With that being said, I'm not sure after all this time...if I need to talk to someone or...something. But, I'm seriously down and I can't seem to pull out of it sometimes. It's like a huge truck rolls over you and in waves of panic I just feel deep emotion rising up within me: anger, sadness, anxiety. I don't know what to do. And for the past few months I've been hoping my upcoming permanent move to the US helps, but right now, I don't know. So I'm back at the beginning...is this legit? Or am I just throwing a tantrum/pity party that I can't seem to get out of?
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
If it's something that you've been feeling for a long time, it should be legit. Some things matter to us more than others so as long as you have feelings about it, it is legit and don't worry about seeming to wallow in self-pity.
Maybe you should talk to somebody. Try to find out the cause, or if you know thr cause, try to find a solution. Being depressed for too long can be harmful to your health, and does affect relationships and how you deal with people too.
Hope you feel happier soon. Big hugs.
Ai @ Sakura Haruka
I would definitely encourage you to talk to someone. Even if it just a phase or season, getting some perspective could be really helpful. I hope your emotions pick up soon!
hey sonya...no worries...this has been a very difficult year for me as well, omg. i have i hard time opening up to anyone so i just dont accept the fact that im sad and move on. i think it would be a good idea for you to talk to someone...say your mom or the pastor of your church...you need to get your smile back for real...its beautiful
brian
Aww I hope you feel better soon and I hope your move goes good. Hugs from the states.
I know how this feels. I have battled with depression since I was a kid. Sometimes it is really hard to explain why you are sad, when you really have no reason to be. I have sought help off and on over the years when it started to affect me daily.
But no, I don't think its a pity party. Chemical imbalances in your body cause these feelings, and that isn't something you can control without help.
Post a Comment