Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Playa Conchal {vacation! - photo heavy}

So this past weekend we pack up our bags, put on some hoochie shorts, went shirtless with our bikini tops on, and packed on sunscreen like it was the very last Chanel perfume on the shelves...yup that's right, we went to the BEACH. We left with high spirits and smiles that said more than a million words. 6 hours on the road - through the mountains - and to the oceanside made us super antsy and more than ready to enjoy the weekend ahead of us. 

We got to our Vacation House {yes it has it's own webpage - check it out} and our jaws DROPPED. We saw the pics, I even posted them to My Facebook on my vacation album, but it didn't prepare me {or us} for the coziness/beauty and overall peace that the place radiated. I was just dumb struck. As we went through the rooms each claiming our own and rolling on the big beds and spreading out on the patio furniture, I stopped and just breathed deeply...vacation feels soooo good!


Our first day/night consisted of lots of sun and swimming. As the thunderstorms picked up into the night, you could hear the pitter patter of feet on the pool deck running back and forth as my very active 2 year old chased her 10 year old Uncle Isaac around for nerds.





Her little laugh echoing through out the night being thrown off by the ocassional thunder...yelling back at her joyfully. The lightening put on a show for us as we cuddled up on the couch nestled in the corner of the pool deck and ate fruit like it was going out of style.





Outside it was very dark and you'd see the glow of the pool and then out of nowhere the lightening would strike and you could see all the way up to the ocean. It was beauiful.



The next morning Maia and I woke up early and sat on the porch together as we ate scrambled eggs, bananas, and chocolate pudding {yes - it's vacation!}. We were up a whole hour before anyone else started to stir. As the rest of the house slowly got on their feet and started moving around, we began to suit up and prepare for a day of horseback riding on the beach and chasing waves in the ocean.



And you can bet your as$ that my daughter got on that horse! She may have been a little scared at first...and yes it's true she may have even covered her eyes for 5 minutes praying to get off, but she stayed on and by the end - she was in LOOOOVEEE with the horse!







Jose held onto our daughter and managed to keep a good hold of the horse...while I fumbled around like an idiot with the camera and rope for the horse hahaha.



And as the guy lined all of our horses up so that we could get a picture, we had come to realize that one of the horses was pregnant...and ONE horse {mine} had an obsession with my lotion...the horse kept turning his head to sniff my legs and the guy must have called the horse's name countless times to get the horse to finally show his head for a pic.





I will never forget riding horses on the beach....NEVER.




After our adventure on the beach we spent the rest of the day frolicking about the ocean and beach club. The tide began to fall and with that it got very dangerous very quick. I got dragged from the shore into the ocean and the force knocked my bikini bottoms right off. I was freaking out. I yanked em back on and ran for the beach. It was a marvelous day and one that I won't forget for a lonnnggg time...







And my lovely daughter really REALLY hated being "dirty" by the sand.







The beach club was very empty seeing as tho most of the residents that own houses here are American and well this week - lots of schools started around the nation...so we enjoyed the peace and tranquility of having the whole club basically to ourselves and a few older couples!





And man - my daughter knows how to strut her stuff!!! You go girl!













When did she get so big?! :[



The next few days flew by so quickly and as much as I'd love to show you pictures for everything we did, I was having so much fun that my camera barely showed. But we went back to the beach and man did we tear it up!!!









My daughter passed out on a chair in the shade of low tree and I quietly watched her and put the picture into my memory bank to keep forever.





And as I brought my camera up, I realized that her father, too - was also storing his own memories to keep...



The sun had wiped me out...the water had taken my energy, but I have never felt so free.



As the day closed in and everyone gathered for beer and ceviche, it had become apparent that I would definitely be returning to this area to make more memories...Trust me, I tried to fit the house in my suitcase - it just wouldn't fit!







Playa Conchal!!! I'm coming back!!!!
PS - a few extra pics from my computer!
I made headbands for the beach... out of old shirts!



 Pool Party!!!

 Annnnnd.....sunburn :[
 PPS- Wanna vacation in Costa Rica??? Wanna rent THIS house??? Check it out here and the rates here!

7 comments:

kyna... said...

Beautiful Sonya, I was waiting for this post so I could hear you describe each picture I had seen on FB! This place looks AMAZING! I'm not kidding you, we are DEFINITELY headed to Costa Rica...hopefully soon! Looks like you made some amazing family memories! And seriously, how cute is Maia?
♥ Kyna

Elena said...

The photography is amazing Sonya!
Especially the horses on the beach.
That beach reminds me so much of a Dominica's beach where we rode horses as well and swam with them. Quite an experience!

Nikki Darlin' said...

OMG that is so amazing. That house is breath taking. I love the picture of Mia sleeping in the chair sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome place!

Christa Cox said...

these pics are breath taking

kriznizzel said...

Amazing photo as usual pity your always behind the camera so we don't get to see you in them :) glad your back!

Mum TOI said...

What a dream holiday. AMAZING pictues for sure :)!